aberdeen-music

Happy Mondays Dj Set , At The Tunnels

how many times?! surely we need a change some new interesting dj sets! just my opinion!

In 2007 Aberdeen has seen Rob Tissera, Tidy Boys, Erol Alkan, Scratch Perverts, Slam etc. Don't think we can complain about a lack of decent djs in the north-east. Would have liked Pendulum to come but you can't have everything.

Energy Promotions have a new venue so hopefully they get more decent acts up.

My main gripe about the dj scene in aberdeen is it doesn't really exist outwith Kef and Snafu. They aren't really the types of places you want to go every week either.

I don't see why places like Liquid can't try and be a bit more diverse/creative and include decent djs and acts. On the rare occasion I go these days all they play is bloody Kate Nash and the killers. Don't other liquids across the UK play proper djs?

In 2007 Aberdeen has seen Rob Tissera, Tidy Boys, Erol Alkan, Scratch Perverts, Slam etc. Don't think we can complain about a lack of decent djs in the north-east. Would have liked Pendulum to come but you can't have everything.

My main gripe about the dj scene in aberdeen is it doesn't really exist outwith Kef and Snafu. They aren't really the types of places you want to go every week either.

I don't see why places like Liquid can't try and be a bit more diverse/creative and include decent djs and acts. On the rare occasion I go these days all they play is bloody Kate Nash and the killers. Don't other liquids across the UK play proper djs?

No you're right, because Liquid is a place you want to go to every week.

I know this... I've been to Scratch Perverts on a previous occasion. And I see that Optimo are returning again and DJ Yoda is heading to Kef. I agree about the venue thing tho. But I was really referring at bands doing DJ sets. When most of the time they just press play on their ipod. That's all!

Liquid would never be able to justify putting more diverse/creative acts on... You've seen the client group and you've seen the people who go to Kef/Snafu, they don't really go hand in hand. And to be honest, it would take a lot for me to back to Liquid!!

you're such a loser, you know what he meant

I know what he meant, and it really wouldn't be worth seeing. The novelty of seeing those cretins goof about would wear thin within 5 minutes and you'd have just paid 13 quid for a shit dj set. Plus the place would be full of boorish idiots like yourself, y'know the type that find bands like Glasvegas a bit queer.

I know what he meant, and it really wouldn't be worth seeing. The novelty of seeing those cretins goof about would wear thin within 5 minutes and you'd have just paid 13 quid for a shit dj set. Plus the place would be full of boorish idiots like yourself, y'know the type that find bands like Glasvegas a bit queer.

So have you seen them playing a dj set then?

yeah well i had my doubts after the complete shambles last time. But yeah they called me a few weeks back but your probably right nobody really knows about it. The guy JP seemed to know nothing last time.

Pity cause i think it would be a good night, got some free booze last time - which shows how tight as i am cause is it not only like 50p a drink anyway?

Anyway i'll call the boy - cheers mate

Guest Giles Walker

They probably aren't really that great at dj'ing but it would be worth seeing.

So have you seen them playing a dj set then?

Not wanting to nitpick here, but seriously if you are going along to SEE them dj then perhaps you really need to re evaluate why you are going in the first place.

I reckon this night will be well attended and i'm guessing they will be playing a nice mix of classic manchester tunes, new indie and some of those indie friendly electro tunes the kids love.