aberdeen-music

Photo of the Palace / Mudd Club

Marsh

whale! hobo humping slobo babe!

*wipes away tear*

I tried requesting that song in the back room of moshulu once while very drunk. Couldn't remember the artist, so it took quite some time trying to slur out a description of the damn thing before Chris could tell me he knew what I was talking about but he didn't have it. Shame.

Right, I'll have to post the "full bifter" tracklisting tonight. Like I said, the CDs were a slightly truncated version for my sis, but I'll maybe get a screen grab off of itunes tonight and show you all the full tracklisting - including dEUS and Whale - so save your cum and tears for later tonight! Dinnae sell me short!

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this'll be viewable or not, but I'll give it a try. Sorry if it's a tricky to view, but it's the best I can get without spending time on it and I'm far too lazy for that!

Glad some folk are enjoying the trip back down memory lane. Chop Suey by System should really be Sugar (forgot to change it), but apart from that I'm pretty sure there's nothing after 2000 so this comp could have been about 8 years ago.

Charlie Big Potato is by Skunk Anansie, not Various, in case anyone was wondering, but I'm sure you all remember the song and that riff! Da na na na - na - na! And you all know Lump was by the Presidents!

The full tracklisting for the Mudd Club playlist:

final-mudd-tracklisting.jpg

I've never had so much crap on my iPod (Shed 7!!!! Limp Wristed!!!! etc. etc. etc.), but it's all in the name of a good nostalgia fest!

Good fun.

Gotta be the proper intro by New Order then the bombastic Orgy riffage :up:

Ha! Yeah, the DJ classic alongside dicking around with the pause in the middle of Sabotage and looping the start of Song 2 long enough for a toilet break or trip to the bar.

I heard Intergalactic on Radio 2 (!!!) this evening, made a bet it would be on your list ;)

Ha! Yeah, the DJ classic alongside dicking around with the pause in the middle of Sabotage and looping the start of Song 2 long enough for a toilet break or trip to the bar.

I heard Intergalactic on Radio 2 (!!!) this evening, made a bet it would be on your list ;)

and of course intergalactic had to be accompanied by the whole dance floor doing rubbish robot dancing.

Yep, I edited Sabotage to have a long break in the middle!!!!

Forgot all about Song 2 loopage - that's a classic too!

Good skills :up:

I used to refuse to dance until they played "Pretend Best Friend" by Terrorvision, as I had a weird superstition that that had to be my first dance of the night. Amazingly I think they played it every time I was in, which was every Monday and Friday, and often midweek as well. Great times.

It wasn't just the music I loved about the place, but the people and atmosphere as well. It was so grotty and studenty, dingy, smelly, sticky carpets, mouldy walls, toilets vandalised to the point of almost being condemned, but it was brilliant. Moshulu do a good job these days but it's just not the same.

At the risk of sounding like an 80s high school movie. it may have been a shit hole, but it was our shit hole, ya know? Those photos are more than just a photo inside a club, it's like looking at a little frozen snippet of my entire youth.

(Sorry I'm feeling a little nostalgic today)

I used to refuse to dance until they played "Pretend Best Friend" by Terrorvision, as I had a weird superstition that that had to be my first dance of the night. Amazingly I think they played it every time I was in, which was every Monday and Friday, and often midweek as well. Great times.

It wasn't just the music I loved about the place, but the people and atmosphere as well. It was so grotty and studenty, dingy, smelly, sticky carpets, mouldy walls, toilets vandalised to the point of almost being condemned, but it was brilliant. Moshulu do a good job these days but it's just not the same.

At the risk of sounding like an 80s high school movie. it may have been a shit hole, but it was our shit hole, ya know? Those photos are more than just a photo inside a club, it's like looking at a little frozen snippet of my entire youth.

(Sorry I'm feeling a little nostalgic today)

That's beautiful, man :)

I'm pissed off my knowledge of The Palace was limited to it being the place where the pikey cumbuckets in my year at school used to go to the under 18s night to get a 'trap'. I always thought it was a Ministry type place until it closed and then all these stories of sticky floored bliss started. I feel cheated :(

I'm pissed off my knowledge of The Palace was limited to it being the place where the pikey cumbuckets in my year at school used to go to the under 18s night to get a 'trap'. I always thought it was a Ministry type place until it closed and then all these stories of sticky floored bliss started. I feel cheated :(

Hahaha, knowing of some of those people, "pikey cumbucket" is probably the best description ever :)

I have some old palace photos that Ross gave me a few years back... those were the days.

I'll have to try and dig them out!

Yeah, I think I have the very same photos sitting on a CD-R that I accidentally ended up with after living with the superstar DJ. I'll have to get them up on Flickr for everyone...

i feel ancient reading this. i gave about 10 years of my life to djing and the likes. missed almost everybody's birthday / christmas / new year but damn it was fun always in parts but sometimes it was insane. think i still have injuries to this day... namely my nose, left hand and right foot.

would love some of the photos.

anyone got any of halloween's ymca debacle as i've never seen any. also any of Rae for obvious reasons.

for those that i've totally lost touch with: rossmorrison *at* mac *dot* com is email and iChat/ AIM etc.

think i'm missing a case of cds somewhere although not sure. still have the minidisc player and cd decks which allowed me to bend pitches and loop various samples etc that were used.

anyone remember Neil Pert (old LJ) diving off the dj booth in the palace and crowd surfing.....?

soo many funny things!!!

4 people will find this funny: "WORK you bastarding piece of shite!"

Marsh - i have a cover shot for you. i'll put it up later