aberdeen-music

aberdeen-music.com down from 11pm tonight!

Neil

Due to this web site's increasingly high server resource demands my web hosting provider has decided to move the entire web site to a new, more powerful web server as a matter of urgency. This is a very kind gesture from them as they could at this point simply just switch the web site off for being too resource hungry.

The move is due to begin at 11pm tonight and should take no more than an hour to complete. The web site will be completely inaccessible during this time. There may be technical problems with the web site that crop up due to the move but these will hopefully be resolved as soon after the move as possible.

Please note that this move does not now mean that this web site does not need to move to a dedicated web server. Even after it is moved it is still on a shared web server and still living on borrowed time. So I still need your support and money so we can move to the dedicated web server!

For those of you that are a bit geeky like me and like to know what the technical changes are then the web site will be moving from a web server with this hardware spec:

Intel Pentium-III 850Mhz Processor, Dual 74GB Quantum Atlas 10KIII SCSI Hard Drives, 1GB ECC SDRAM

To a server with this spec:

XEON 2.4GHz Dual Multi-Threaded Processor, Dual 74GB Quantum Atlas 10KIII SCSI Hard Drives, 1GB PC2100 ECC DDR Memory

:up: