aberdeen-music

Best Games of The Year

Skull Commander

I dunno, myself and a friend won 4 or 5 games in a row of Domination on COD 4 by about a 100 point margin each time. The other players in the lobby were pretty humiliated. We were pretty much the lowest ranks there as well.

i've felt pretty humiliated on the xbox quite a few times. not least when we did that aberdeen-music halo night. i sucked.

we should do a cod4 night and show them how it's really done.

i have to say call of duty 4 and skate have been ruling the roost for me this year though halo3 was pretty good too and as soon as mass effect arrives it'll probably be near the top of my list.

mass effect has arrived and i have to say it's awesome. great immersive story and good combat mode. don't like the amount of time spent in the lifts and there's a couple of other niggles but it's rockin so far.

I'd be in for that. I play it most nights at the moment. Thats when Xbox live isn't playing silly buggers.....

aye it's crap in the evenings once america logs on. runs great during the day though. i don't know why they don't just do british servers or something to fix this nonsense.

I also downloaded the game Fahrenhiet (I know its old but its new to me) its a fuckin great game, totally immersive. It's like a movie, great story, action, suspence and even 1 or 2 scares. Anyone else played it?

I've got in for PS2. One of the best games I've ever played. Like you say just like an interactive movie. The story is amazing. It's got absolutley zilcho replay factor, but who cares when the first go is so damned good!

It's quite similar to my favourite PS games of all time, Fear Effects 1 & 2 but raises the bar in terms of interactivity. Check out these games if you can:

Fear Effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My fave game of last year was Smackdown v Raw 2008 - A return to form for the franchise. (You can clearly see I'm still in the dark ages stuck with a PS2! - none of your funcy Xbox nonsense!)

Mass Effect

Guitar Hero 3

Fifa 2008

Halo 3.

I also downloaded the game Fahrenhiet (I know its old but its new to me) its a fuckin great game, totally immersive. It's like a movie, great story, action, suspence and even 1 or 2 scares. Anyone else played it?

Great game, I had it on PS2 but got frustrated with the dual joystick "dodge" sections as I am basically, shite, with console controllers.

I found it again on PC - which is my games weapon of choice - and the control was even worse!

Fantastic concept, with an immersive storyline, but I feel that they missed a trick by trying to make it too "Super Mario" with complex control demands.

I did enjoy the storyline of the game though and would love to finish it sometime, but I just didn't have the patience to repeat whole chapters over and over again when I got "killed".

If it's backwardly compatible with the PS3, I'd certainly try it again - FIFA 08 & Resistance:Fall of Man have great improved my coordination!!!

I did enjoy the storyline of the game though and would love to finish it sometime, but I just didn't have the patience to repeat whole chapters over and over again when I got "killed".

QUOTE]

Yeah i know, i stopped playing at about three on sunday morning, (3 hours after i told her i was away to finish) i checked my stats and realised im only half way through after playing it for about 50 hrs!!

Defo no replayability though, but looking forward to the conclusion of it!

My favourite game of 2006, got a bit weird towards the end, but a definite recommendation to anyone.

Portal for 2007, I would have paid the full 30 just for it alone. The Half-Life episodes and TF2 was just the icing on the cake, lie or not ;)

Out of curiosity, how much have people completed in Portal?

Ive done every advanced chamber and got bronze medals on all the "least portals" challenges (also got gold and silver on some). Only got a few bronze medals in quickest time challenges and haven't got ANY in least footsteps. Also still have 5 achievements to get.

Played through the game again the other day in an hour. It's just so incredibly fucking awesome.

As for TF2, still play it just about every day and have begun to use almost every class at some point or another, only 2 more achievements to get. Ace.

• 2 weeks later...