aberdeen-music

I Am Legend

black_matter

Saw this today in town and thought it was abseloutely superb. Aside from the infected humans being as scary as a pinprick, the tension at some points was brilliant, and the flashback scenes to the evacuation of New York was abseloutely awesome but used sparingly enough to be greatly effective. Also the locations looked genuinally amazing with the weeds growing through the ground. There was a few areas that lacked but I felt it had almost a castaway feel to it, with Will Smith portraying the secluded feelings brilliantly in the first half.

I wouldn't say it's oscar worthy or anything but my respect for will smith's fair growing as he's a brilliant actor and from the scenes where he's exercising it's obvious he puts alot of work into his roles.

...but my respect for will smith's fair growing as he's a brilliant actor and from the scenes where he's exercising it's obvious he puts alot of work into his roles.

Interesting opinion - and as valid as the next man's, but I'd hardly call Will Smith "brilliant" in anything.

Sure, he's a funny guy and seems to be a genuinely decent person, but great muscle tone doth not a great actor make.

His forte is wisecracking "cool dude" and he's looked completely wooden in any straight parts I've seen him play, resorting to his "constipated" serious facial expression to get by.

As a former amateur boxer, I had the pleasure of meeting Muhammed Ali - at an ABA Award Ceremony - and whilst most of our heroes turn out to be totally different to what we expect (shy, rude, smaller, taller, etc), the aura from Ali was electric as soon as he walked in the room.

Will Smith played Ali as dull, uncharismatic and uninteresting - nuff said.

His forte is wisecracking "cool dude" and he's looked completely wooden in any straight parts I've seen him play, resorting to his "constipated" serious facial expression to get by.

Before I saw this film I would've probably agreed but the scene in the music/dvd shop with the mannequins was pretty good acting I felt and he really portrayed the isolation of someone in that situation.

my opinion is that robert neville wasn't black. if he was, then maybe he could have made a hip hop track that heighted number one! then we really could have thought as will smith as the man. i mean, topping the charts and fighting an array of grossly inaccurate animals on the silverscreen?

touch, willy, touch...

Saw this today in town and thought it was abseloutely superb. Aside from the infected humans being as scary as a pinprick, the tension at some points was brilliant, and the flashback scenes to the evacuation of New York was abseloutely awesome but used sparingly enough to be greatly effective. Also the locations looked genuinally amazing with the weeds growing through the ground. There was a few areas that lacked but I felt it had almost a castaway feel to it, with Will Smith portraying the secluded feelings brilliantly in the first half.

I wouldn't say it's oscar worthy or anything but my respect for will smith's fair growing as he's a brilliant actor and from the scenes where he's exercising it's obvious he puts alot of work into his roles.

PISH! have any of you read the book or the comic? i have. these people had SUCH a good story to work with, truly amazing and then they butchered it! robert neville was a middle aged white man who lived in suberban america, he never died in a glorious heroic battle with the (totaly ripped stright of of 28 days later) infected humans, he was exicuted by half breeds, half breeds you say?!?! YES half breed, THE MAIN PART OF THE FUCKING STORY, that hollywood decided to leave out and make a brilliant story into another pile of Zombie shite.

Truly gutting.

(apart from the names of both the film and will smith, what else was the same as the orignal story?)

PISH! have any of you read the book or the comic? i have. these people had SUCH a good story to work with, truly amazing and then they butchered it! robert neville was a middle aged white man who lived in suberban america, he never died in a glorious heroic battle with the (totaly ripped stright of of 28 days later) infected humans, he was exicuted by half breeds, half breeds you say?!?! YES half breed, THE MAIN PART OF THE FUCKING STORY, that hollywood decided to leave out and make a brilliant story into another pile of Zombie shite.

Truly gutting.

(apart from the names of both the film and will smith, what else was the same as the orignal story?)

i agree with this hunky so n so

I thought the first half of the film was great, a true sense of isolation, the film had a great build up but it was an anit-climax in the second half, where you start seeing the monster things, wouldnt say they were zombies like

This sums up my thoughts on the film quite well, so I'm going to quote it to reinforce it.

I haven't actually read the books or comics, I merely went to see it after seeing the advert for it. Silly me for enjoying a film without going to analyse every little piece of it before hand.

ok sorry i will act as though i have never read the book or comic....

the film was a total rip off of 28 days later (much much better film). these infected cretures know what robert neville dose during the day to manage to build a trap like his own but yet dont know who to drive cars or use wepons. explain to me how the lass with her young son managed to find robert, fight off all the cretures surounding him on the pier and manage to take an unconsious adult male and a young child through an massive city crawling with monsters? even if she managed to do that, why was she cowering under a table when only confronted with one monster? MAKES NAE SENSE!!!

absolute shite:down:

ok sorry i will act as though i have never read the book or comic....

the film was a total rip off of 28 days later (much much better film). these infected cretures know what robert neville dose during the day to manage to build a trap like his own but yet dont know who to drive cars or use wepons. explain to me how the lass with her young son managed to find robert, fight off all the cretures surounding him on the pier and manage to take an unconsious adult male and a young child through an massive city crawling with monsters? even if she managed to do that, why was she cowering under a table when only confronted with one monster? MAKES NAE SENSE!!!

absolute shite:down:

Firstly, your spelling is terrible.

Secondly, do you like the most recent Transformers film?