aberdeen-music

Caparisons

imprinted

Anyone else in Aberdeen playing these?

Bought myself a Through and Through Frozen Sky when I was over in Tokyo last month and I can't sing the praises high enough! Incredibly versatile instruments, unique paintjobs and the attention to detail is quite quite impressive.

Completely converted - the neck is a variable radius job - It's kinda like a thin Gibson neck down at the Rhythm end of the board yet feels like a ESP M-II from the 12th fret onwards! Lovely!

Will post pics one day when someone with a decent camera comes round.

Oh! 27 frets funky! my fingers are too fat for them tiny frets

hehe I'm in the same boat though I wouldn't be using it for the really high frets - it's a 24.75 scale guitar so it'd make getting those normal 24frets easier to play!

Eriatarka - you need to play one man, I think you'd get over your opinion of its looks based purely on playability! :)

DSC01055.jpg

This is my one sitting in the guitar store, above it were 4x ESP MX-250II's, a Kirk Hammett Neckthrough MV (think it's the 270 - James?) An ESP Alexi Laiho pink Sawtooth customshop and a heap of other lovely toys that I wanted to take home!

Oops just realised Paul - that's the TAT II you've put up, mine is based off the original version which had one normal Humbucker in the bridge then blade humbuckers in the middle and neck position with a push/push coil tap on them.

Given the expectations on it based on its looks it's not an all out metal guitar - the pickups aren't incredibly high output and the bridge p/up is nice and crunchy for some rock. The split coils give some really nice clean tones and it does blues convincingly too. :)

This is my one sitting in the guitar store, above it were 4x ESP MX-250II's, a Kirk Hammett Neckthrough MV (think it's the 270 - James?) An ESP Alexi Laiho pink Sawtooth customshop and a heap of other lovely toys that I wanted to take home!

An MV is a Maverick body style, not the same as the Mirage (or 'M' as it is more commonly known). If it's the same model as mine, that's an MM-320. The MM-270 (which is where you are getting the '270' part from) represents the KH-2 Zorlac which had a reversed Jackson shaped headstock and inlays at 90 degrees to the current KH-2 models. The MM-250 and MM-290 are also Zorlac models, the lesser number being the older version.

Jesus I'm sad! :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...