aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron_Robertson

X-BOX 360 Red Ring Of Doom FIXED!!

Most people have heard of the rumours going around that you can fix your 360 red ring of doom by merely wrapping it in a towel and letting it over heat for 30minutes..

well I tried it 2nights ago and to my amazment it worked!! Apparently it softens the solder to let the memory fall back into place!

Good Luck ! Let me know how you get on!

A x

I tried it when my xbox died but it didn't work.

Just got the core pack and then thanks to some sprog being born a couple of thousand years ago i just got the 120gig drive...woohoo.

I thought the RRoD was caused (mostly) by overheating in the first place? Either way, deliberately overheating it can't be good for the console in the long run...

I thought there'd be more of a "WITCH!" sort of uproar in this thread by now 'cause it does sound like madness...

That was covered in previous threads about this 'phenomenon'. One of which possibly holds the record for most deleted posts ever...

Weird. MY 360 just went tits up! Fucking livid. I live a near microsoft free life and the one piece of hardware I have has given up the ghost around the 13 month mark! And there many others being afflicted by shit build quality...

PS3 may be worth a punt

ps3's break too you know. in fact it might surprise you to learn that stuff breaks all the time! crazy huh :)

360's do have a nasty habit of it though.

you should have a two year warranty though do you nae? and also if you bought it locally try taking it back with your receipt, might get lucky and get an exchange if you're nice enough. otherwise off to microsoft it goes so you should only be without for a week or so i think.