aberdeen-music

Most famousest person you've ever met.

Lemonade

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Not so much met, but I'm related to Gillian McKeith. Her brother David is married to my half-sister, the poor bastard. Gillian was at the wedding with one of her annoying brats, who gave a master-class in attention-seeking and pissed everyone else off.

This is nothing to be proud of. I am distantly related to someone who got famous from inspecting people's shite. She's not a doctor either.

:up:

Shaking his hand and talking to him afterwards probably would.

A brief meeting but a meeting nonetheless. I did openly say it was at a signing.

He really liked the fact my boyfriend had the hardback editions of both books at the time and claimed he'd never seen them side by side before.

I wouldn't class just asking a question in an open forum as a meeting.

I was only asking with regard to myself. By your definition therefore I haven't met Mark Gatiss. Damn!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Apparently a thread on the theme "Rules For Being A True Grinder" is OK but a picture of a piano player with a naked lady at his birthday party is deemed to be unsuitable for musicians!!!!

Well, I started that one. You've got me stumped bub, why would that thread not be OK?

Guest Steven Dedalus

I suppose the best I've managed is:

Richard Attenborough

David Lynch

David Cronenberg

Werner Herzog

Shirley Mclean

Mike Scott

Pete Seeger

Billy Bragg

And loads more.

But I suppose none of these really count as I'm a journalist, and it's sort of my job to meet these people.

i think richard attenborough might just pip it. my friend from australia came over recently to do an interview with david attenborough for his university thesis at his house, which was pretty cool.

i met colin from idlewild last night, seemed nice. not quite the same league though. damn.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Er,

Michael Madsen

Matt Skiba

Orlando Bloom

Toby Macguire

Ed Norton is a friend of a friend, but I've yet to meet him. I've also been to Quentin Tarantino's house, but he wasn't in. Nice pad though.

Oh! La-di-da!

Think you're so cool, do you Jim?

Well, I spoke to Jeremy Beadle on the phone, so how do you like them apples, eh?

Guest Bob Double Jack

Well, I spoke to Jeremy Beadle on the phone, so how do you like them apples, eh?

i heard jeremy beadle had a small cock, but on the other hand it's quite big

Guest Steven Dedalus
i heard jeremy beadle had a small cock, but on the other hand it's quite big

A big hand for Jeremy Beadle!

Etc.

Actually, truth be told, he was really charming and quite witty....

But clearly a man used to having the piss taken out of him.

• 2 weeks later...