aberdeen-music

Most famousest person you've ever met.

Lemonade

Bill Oddie - in the male toliets at the Royal London Festival Hall - at an Ani Difranco gig.

I've also had the pleasure of interviewing the Lost Prophets in their youth, meeting earthtone9 at the Fudge Flat and meeting Stuart Braithwaite from Mogwai. None of them were as exciting and mysterious as Bill Oddie though.

Stuart Murdoch (Belle and Seastian) on West Regent Street.

So famous, he needs to have his band mentioned in brackets after his name...

ho ho

I met Fergal Sharkey (and pulled a maple "business card" out of his ear) at "in the city", Manchester.

I'm one of those people that doesn't usually make a fuss when a famous person is near, perhaps a nod or a wink will do!

(Suggs on charring cross road, Will Self, Jimmy Carr, David Dimbleby, Tom Conti, Chesney Hawkes ( ho ho))

Served Jack Charlton in the airport departure lounge (Guinness) was behind Denis Law at a Rosemount newsagent once (he bought 60 Rothmans). Saw Alex McLeish totally guttered on Justice Mill Lane once.

Met all of Bang Tango! and the singer from Crimson Glory!!, and said yowsah to the Bulletboys!!!

Oh yes, the header for the post was famous, the 1st 3 then.

*image deleted*

I've known Jerry Lee Lewis for more than 45 years. He is still the greatest of them all!

The pictures with the young ladies were taken at one of Jerry's wilder birthday parties and were taken in Memphis a long, long time ago.

These days we are both much older as can be seen from this recent picture of us taken at Amsterdam airport

GK&JERryamsterdam.jpg

keep rockin'

Graham

Ding ding! We have a winner.

Extra points for appearing in the only known photo of Jerry Lee Lewis where he is smiling. :)

I did get into a drunken ruck with Mark Little, aka Joe Mangle off of Neighbours once though. I'd like to say it was his fault cos he was being a total dick, but really it was my fault, and I was being a total dick. He's my arch nemesis now. I will get you Mark Little!

Was that in the Palace by any chance?

I remember some clown starting on him in there ;)

yeah me

I meet famous people nearly every day, most of the time I don't know who they are till I check them oot on Myspace and go OHHHHhhh I mine you...you must have had a shave or something. I have met loads of comedians aff the TV and bucketloads of pop stars and a few TV personalities and film stars and the odd DJ ,I even put the singing kettle in a truck and got eaten by the crocodile fae Peter Pan on ice. I got a picture fae Rolf Harris and met thon artist Tony aff Take Hart and a few famous boxers, aye looks like I win, do I get a prize?.

Guest bluesxman

Ben Elton in a London train station (forget which), he was grumpy as hell because who I assume was his mother and law was dicking about in John Menzies.

Had a yap with Shutty from Terrorvision in the Mudd Club bogs after their gig at The Music Hall. Got my ticket signed by all of them eventually.

PJ Harvey in the lobby of the hotel I was staying in in George Square the day after her Barrowlands gig. She signed my ticket.

Aberdeen and Scotland legend Jim Leighton in the Hook And Eye pub in Stonehaven on a night out.

Saw Chris Eubank poncing about the train station in Brighton in full jodhpurs and cane regalia, etc. Declined to go and talk to him as the urge to scream you twat would have been too great.

Ex-page 3 lovely Maria Whittaker at the Commodore Hotel in Stonehaven. Doubt I would have recognized her if it wasnt advertised she was there, rough as a bag of badgers.

Charlie Harper of UK Subs getting off the tube in London.

No pics but I do still have my signed Peej and Terrorvision tickets. And I have a signed by Charlie Harper UK Subs T shirt from a gig at Caf Drummonds. Oh and my signed Maria Whitaker postcard!

Guest Neutral

Rick Buckler - The Jam

Roddie Woomble - Idlewild

Tony Blair - Politician

Honorary Vice President of the Association of Drainage Authorities

The View - I kicked one of them out of snafu because he was a dick and punched someone :laughing:

Right fuck it, I'm listing!

Katie Melua - she was staying in a hotel I was working in and I brought a toothbrush up to her room. She was tiny and gorgeous. I was hoping for a "Thanks for the toothbrush, now come in and make love to me, Mr sexy night porter" invitation but it never came.

Bill Bailey - met him after a gig in the Music hall. He was boring as hell in the flesh.

The bass player from Status Quo - sold him a Playstation 2 when I worked in Virgin.

Jocky Wilson (darts players)- at Butlins when I was a kid.

Some famous darts players who stayed at the afore-mentioned hotel:

Eric Bristow

Phil The Power Taylor

Wayne Mardle

Raymond Van Barneveld

Marilyn Manson & Dita Von Teese - I walked past them in Leeds, but didn't talk so it probably doesn't count.

Terrorvision - I met all 5 of them a bunch of times and had a few bevvies with them, I chatted to the singer Tony on email quite a bit.

The singer from Less Than Jake - he was a bit of a knob.

Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry - both stayed in my hotel. Hendry left without paying his bill. Davis played people at pool in the bar and took their money off them! He was really funny. Not at all boring.

Rich Hall - after an Otis Lee Crenshaw gig in the Lemon Tree. Funny guy. Promised he was going to incorporate one of my jokes into his set.

Skin and Cass from Skunk Anansie - briefly at the Music Hall.

Joe Mangle - cunt.

The cast of Balamory - served them all breakfast. The black guy (Archie?) is grumpy.

Mercury Rev - at the Leeds festival. Didn't recognise them until one of my friends said "by the way, that was Mercury Rev you were just talking to".

I've got some autographs but no photos.