aberdeen-music

Most famousest person you've ever met.

Lemonade

Not a bad bloke, for a Man Utd fan...

Aye, fine guy. I used to work for him at Orion Group, he treated his staff brilliantly. He takes all the staff away twice a year, once at Xmas and once in Summer, two nights in a luxury hotel (different city every time), all your food and drinks paid, your room paid and all your expenses, and you could bring a partner who also got everything paid for! Plus he'd pay for your flights, train etc to get there. You could go and live like a king for 2 days and not spent a single penny. Plus he's got pretty good banter, top lad.

Aye, fine guy. I used to work for him at Orion Group, he treated his staff brilliantly. He takes all the staff away twice a year, once at Xmas and once in Summer, two nights in a luxury hotel (different city every time), all your food and drinks paid, your room paid and all your expenses, and you could bring a partner who also got everything paid for! Plus he'd pay for your flights, train etc to get there. You could go and live like a king for 2 days and not spent a single penny. Plus he's got pretty good banter, top lad.

Good to hear...

I've always considered writing a letter off to him to see if there was any chance of a job. More so since he gave a job to John Robertson a few weeks ago; no idea what for though!?

In other news, Jim Bett was stumbling around Bridge of Don Academy on friday. Seemed a little bit tipsy...

Still haven't worked out why he was there though? Anyone know what job he's doing just now??

• 11 months later...

A friend and I ran into Jenny Lewis and Mike Mogis last Spring in a car park in Omaha while we were looking for a taxi we'd ordered.

We were incredibly inebriated and they were very sober. I don't remember much, they were both lovely though. We had a very, very long and slightly nonsensical conversation in which Tommy Burns and Tommy Sheridan somehow got confused and we ended up discussing at length how Sheridan had tragically lost his battle with skin cancer.

Mainly musicians that nobody seems to know or care about. Geoff Travis though, that was pretty cool. And was ridiculously close to meeting Jarvis Cocker that it hurts a bit. I'll shake him by the hand one day...

The odd comedian too. Ross Noble was fantastic, he spoke to me and my friend for a good 20 minutes, but this was the last time he was in Aberdeen in 2005, so we were convinced we'd scared him off seeing as he's waited almost 4yrs to return. My comedy hero, Matt Berry, I've met twice and both times I've left looking like a prick after demanding awkward hugs off him. Various members of the Boosh, Peter Serafinowicz, Russell Howard, David O'Doherty... Uh.... can't think of anyone else. Got pictures with most of them though, but don't want to put you through having to look at my stupid face.

OH! Nearly forgot. Derren bloody Brown! Ha! Dunno if he'd come under "musician" or "comedian" though but...

l_f596c2473d6fe28afb1548fc8c7e1912.jpg

True story.

Billy Connolly, Roddy Woomble, loads of Aberdeen/ex-Celtic players (including the mighty Javier Sanchez Broto), and most fascinating of all:

ERIC POLLARD FROM EMMERDALE.

I fucking loved Broto, he was ace. And he looked mental. I used to always see the spitting image of him walking up and down George Street when I lived there. It did all go a bit wrong for him after he left Celtic, so maybe it was him...