aberdeen-music

Most famousest person you've ever met.

Lemonade

I win for sure!

This all happened one afternoon in March.

First I met George Bush.

1305775040a4633964685l.jpg

Then I bumped in to Ghandi, Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama

1305775040a4633973698l.jpg

Then Elvis came round the corner

1305775040a4633973918l.jpg

Then I had a pint with Prince

1305775040a4634005892l.jpg

Then I had sex with Kylie while Robbie Williams watched through a window.

1305775040a4634005956l.jpg

Interrupted the Spice Girls rehearsing for the new tour

1305775040a4634006038l.jpg

Got up close and personal with J-Lo

1305775040a4634016826l.jpg

Met some chick called Lisa

1305775040a4634137589l.jpg

Made friends with Marliyn Monroe

1305775040a4634016872l.jpg

And finally fell Crazy in love with Beyonce.

1305775040a4634017031l.jpg

When and where? How old was he at the time? Was he any good?

It was when he was still managing the Dons....AFC management had a 5-a-side team. The night I played against him it was 23-22 them, I think. I scored a long-range effort when Fergie was in goal, and he commented favourably on it:up: I think Archie Knox was playing...and some other ex-Dons like Jimmy Wilson and Jim White. They were all skilfull, but we were fitter (being mostly 20 years younger).....Lenny Taylor played well.

Then we all went for a few pints...and i told him how little I used to enjoy his elbowing style when he was with Falkirk! He wasn't amused.

Some muscal types with whom I have my photo....Irma Thomas, Julian Cope, Kim Gordon, Sky Saxon, Ernie K-Doe, Eugene Chadbourne.

Hmm, nothing earth-shattering, but:

Pepper Keenan - still my fave "famous" person - I bounced out the pit at Metallica on the Load tour (Barras) and straight into Pepper, who was a total dude. Very impressed.

Ginger Wildheart - Clearly fucked out his tree, but ace.

Roddy Woomble - Gave him his tooth back after their first Kef gig. Ace.

Andy Crane - Kicked him realy hard in the shins, by accident. Funny.

I apparently met Glen Michael (of Cartoon Cavalcade fame) when I was little, but I don't remember.

Probabaly more.....

I've met:

Ken Doherty in the Trinity Centre

Trevor Steven in Menorca

Paul Gascoigne (Rangers era) in the Nith Inn in Glencaple where the podgy fucker spent about 20 minutes taking the piss out of my pool playing abilities. Cock.

Nicky Wire, Billy Connelly, Lil Chris, Alex Miller, Derek Stillie, Eugene Dadi, Philip McGuire and Willie Miller all in Bruce Millers, though not at the same time.

Roddie Woomble at Indian Summer this year.

Jonah Matranga at his first Tunnels gig.

Various members of various other bands through gigs and Djing, though their degree of fame would be debatable.

I'm sure there are a couple of others as well.

I was with my old housemate when she met Ron Jeremy. That was fucking hilarious.

I met him at an exhibition in Melbourne. Funniest guy i ever met.

I have also met Stephen Hendry. I checked him i at a hotel and pretended not to know who he was thern when he looked confused said "only Joking".. Much hilarity ensued....not

Dennis Taylor (nice guy) and Willie Thorn (C~nt)

Jim leighton several times. Sometimes nice but mostly shit.

Stu Francis but he didn't crush any grapes...i was devastated.

Roy Walker of Catchphrase fame. Bit moody, most definetely a tortured soul. Really funny infront of a crowd then moments later walking off to his room swearing under his breath.

Gregg Proops.....legend....met him at the illfated Lemon Tree.

Ocean Colour Scene...they were ok.

Apparently i checked in some guy from Blue but seeing as i have no idea who they are i didn't recognise him.

I have been told Rhianna is stayig at the place i work soon so hopefully will get a chance to see her.

The wrestlers from the WWE stay at the hotel i work at but i wasnt ther at the time. They had a pillow fight in the middle of the night and destryoed 12 pillows and left the corridor covered in feathers.

Vinnie Mac put the damage on his credit card...so i have been told.

When I was on my SXSW ramble I met...

Franz Ferdinand, The Von Bondies, Snow Patrol, Har Mar Superstar, The Hives, Zane Lowe, Athlete and The Raveonettes to name a few.

At signings I've met...

Mark Gatiss (potentially the best and most exciting of them all) and Richard E Grant.

I have photographic evidence to support some. I have a lovely photo of Richard E Grant and my better half in a frame. :love:

Would asking Mark Gatiss a question at that Word festival talk count as meeting?

Steve Howe... a few other musicians.

Went past Milan Baros in the airport but we were on opposite horizontal-escalators so by the time I had recognised him, suspiciously eyed his enormous companion (bodyguard?), taken in his solemn expression and decided it would be best not to disturb him, he was already far far away anyway...

Ding ding! We have a winner.

Extra points for appearing in the only known photo of Jerry Lee Lewis where he is smiling. :)

OK here is another "smiling picture" - Jerry with Lisa Marie - Elvis's daughter

LISAMARIEPRESLEYJERRYLEE.jpg

I was amused to see that my original post had the first picture deleted by one of the Forum's moderators.

As the picture had already appeared on an LP cover 25 years ago, I did not think it would offend anyone in these modern times.

Apparently a thread on the theme "Rules For Being A True Grinder" is OK but a picture of a piano player with a naked lady at his birthday party is deemed to be unsuitable for musicians!!!!

It makes me feel like Lenny Bruce, "I'd hate to be responsible for turning musicians on to things they don't even know about".

But those of you who feel cheated by the editing can click on the following link and see what Jerry did at his birthday party - in fact all he did was play piano nonstop for eight hours.

Click above the NUDITY WARNING - you have been warned.

*link removed*

Oh, not really "met" as such and he isn't famous in the slightest, but I think I managed to offend Jamie Winter (when he was playing for Aberdeen) in the Bon Accord centre a year or so ago. A friend and I were passing through when we walked passed a neddy-looking bloke with a very young looking lass on his arm. My friend said to me "here, that's Jamie Winter," to which I blurted out (pretty loudly, though not on purpose) "Is it fuck, why the hell would he be seeing a fourteen year old?"

The look he gave us... christ... :]

I've also managed to piss off Dan Smith as well, but that was at a football match so that doesn't count.