aberdeen-music

Most famousest person you've ever met.

Lemonade

Paul Daniels.

A bit of a sad personal hero but he really was great to watch and even did a bit of a magic show for a couple of us in the bar. A true original magician that didn't mind spending hours practicing a magic trick that we'd just go 'Phhhh' to in a moment.

And into the bargain I got to see the fabulous Debbie McGee.

I also had lunch with Phil Cool.... who turned out to be a right miserable cunt.

Billy Connolly. A few of us snuck into (we were quite underage) a special reception at Stoney Town Hall as part of the folk festival one year as we'd heard a rumour he was there. We sauntered in, casually got a few pints and started chatting to him. Stayed for about 10 minutes before one of our teachers recognised us and we decided to beat a retreat.

Alan Rickman in a pub in glasgow.

Shared a funny ciggie with Pete Docherty outside Dr Drakes.

Jarvis Cocker on Bath Street, Glasgow.

Stuart Murdoch (Belle and Seastian) on West Regent Street.

And heaps others, im one of these lucky people that bump into famous folk all the time!!

Don't like asking for photo's though. So Unfortunetly i dont have any. I've got heaps of autographs though.

Oh i think i may have a photo of DJ Yoda when i spoke to him in Kef!!

The most famous person I have met would probably be a toss up between Katie Melua and Bill Bailey. Tho I have met a few more minor celebs, I won't go all Avid Merrion and list them.

I did get into a drunken ruck with Mark Little, aka Joe Mangle off of Neighbours once though. I'd like to say it was his fault cos he was being a total dick, but really it was my fault, and I was being a total dick. He's my arch nemesis now. I will get you Mark Little!

I met Jonathan Edwards, he did some talk about Christianity in an RE class at school. I don't remember much of it, it was quite a while ago. In one of my dumber moments I managed to miss the chance of meeting a personal hero of mine, Sir Bobby Robson, when he was up promoting his book a couple of years ago :down:.

I've also met Duncan Shearer and, err... Steve Tosh... gutted.

Lots through the years but my favourites are Ray Harryhausen, complete with skeleton from Jason and the Argonaughts and Sylvester McCoy who we met whilst filming at the Edinburgh Festival. We were trying to find a pub and as we walked in this guy said I wouldnt go in there it's packed and we said thanks we'ds try and go in anyway, then after about 2 minutes it struck me it was Sylvester McCoy and he was right we didnt egt served so as we left he asked if we wanted to join him for a drink elsewhere so we did, lovely guy, told me he loved it up here having spent many holidays in Peterculter.

Met lots of more famous people but these are the best for me.

Cheers

Stuart

ginger wildheart

Don't know about famous, cause really unless your a fan you wouldn't really care, but i got to interview ginger wildheart for the au paper last year when he came up with the god damn whores. That was awesome. I'd been told through the grapevine beforehand by soemone who'd worked with him he could be a real prick, thankfully that was not the case.

Also tommy burns, who was also a lovely guy, but then again being a celtic fan no doubt helps.

Though prpbably most famous person is Nick Cave. Though didn't actually met him, just walked past him, turned to my brother and in unison just went 'that was nick cave; fuck'. The people you se shopping on princes street.

D

Guest idol_wild

I did get into a drunken ruck with Mark Little, aka Joe Mangle off of Neighbours once though. I'd like to say it was his fault cos he was being a total dick, but really it was my fault, and I was being a total dick. He's my arch nemesis now. I will get you Mark Little!

My flatmate also met him once. I think it was in Moshulu when he was in town for something or other.

Flatmate: "Hi Mark, how's it going?"

Mark: "Just fuck off"

He must be a cunt generally.

My flatmate also met him once. I think it was in Moshulu when he was in town for something or other.

Flatmate: "Hi Mark, how's it going?"

Mark: "Just fuck off"

He must be a cunt generally.

To be fair to him, he'd put up with an hour of being heckled by a group of drunken lads while he was trying to have a quiet game of pool before he told me to fuck off.

*image deleted*

I've known Jerry Lee Lewis for more than 45 years. He is still the greatest of them all!

The pictures with the young ladies were taken at one of Jerry's wilder birthday parties and were taken in Memphis a long, long time ago.

These days we are both much older as can be seen from this recent picture of us taken at Amsterdam airport

GK&JERryamsterdam.jpg

keep rockin'

Graham

met becca from hollyoaks and shellsuit bob from river city when i was on radio one with latitia and dr mary a few years ago.

also met a lot of 'celebs' when i worked in the QM. edith bowman, the cunts from elbow, the fine gents from lostprophets, dominic diamond (my boy trouty asked him if he had any cheats for sonic which didn't go down well at all) adam d from killswitch engage, adam from taking back sunday, the proclaimers (drummer stayed in my bed that night. got tossed off by my workmate leanne) etc.

best one tho...the hoff! met that fine gentleman in new york last november when i was there for the marathon.

i've met lots of b-list musicians while working in shops.

the likes of biffy clyro, aereogramme, casey chaos, guitarist from the thrills and a few others. i charged the battery for stephanie beachams digital camera in jessops once too.

didn't meet but saw corrinne bailey rae in under the hammer one night. it was nice to see everyone just let her get on with having a nice night out and not give her any hassle.