aberdeen-music

Worst Film of the Year

jackson

28 Weeks Later bored me to death. It's very, very difficult for me to dislike any zombie apocalypse movie, so I know it really did suck balls. :down:

Aye it was pish, it had none of the inventiveness that made 28 Days Later so good, just that bloody music over and over till it became like a bad joke - extremely disappointing. Plus the characters seemed to walk from Greenwich to Wembley in about half an hour.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone seen the Number 23 or Death Proof?

Both share the spot of worst film of 2007 IMO.

Yeah, i saw deathproof. I thought it was awesome. Thoroughly enjoyed it. But i'm a tarantino entusiast so i was expecting as much. I was just gutted it wasn't released as grindhouse.

Have to agree with others here and say golden compass was absolute garbage. Shouldn't have been adapted. Not even sam elliott made it any better.

Yeah, i saw deathproof. I thought it was awesome. Thoroughly enjoyed it. But i'm a tarantino entusiast so i was expecting as much. I was just gutted it wasn't released as grindhouse.

Well good news for you is that Japan will get a not 1, not 2, not even 3, or 4, or 5... but a bloody 6 DVD Boxset (which includes the full Grindhouse cut)!!! The Japanese always get mental DVD sets and I've never understood why. I had to go to Japan to get the full uncut versions of Kill Bill (ok I could've bought them online but decided to pick them up whilst I was on holiday).

Expect to shell out around 50-70 for it though lol.

I too am a Tarantino Fanboy but I thought Death Proof was one big lesbian movie. Planet Terror (IMO) was miles better. Anyway here's the spec for you:

Disc 1: Death Proof (Extended Film)

-English DTS, English DD, Japanese dub

-Japanese subtitles

-Japanese Theatrical/TV trailers

-Staff/Cast Profiles (Text)

-What is Grindhouse? (Text)

Disc 2: Planet Terror (Extended Film)

-English DTS, English DD, Japanese dub

-Japanese Subtitles

-Rodriguez commentary

-International/Japanese trailers

-Staff/Cast Profiles (Text)

-What is Grindhouse? (Text)

Disc 3: Death Proof bonus materials

-Special Message to Japan from Tarantino

-Staff and Cast interviews on Death Proof

-Stunts on Wheels: The Legendary Drivers of Death Proof (20:39)

-Introducing Zo Bell (8:59)

-Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike (9:34)

-Finding Quentin's Gals (21:14)

-The Uncut Version of "Baby, It's You" Performed by Mary Elizabeth Winstead (1:4Cool

-The Guys of Death Proof (8:16)

-Quentin's Greatest Collaborator: Editor Sally Menke (4:3Cool

-Double Dare Trailer (2:36)

Disc 4: Planet Terror bonus materials

-10-Minute Film School (11:52)

-The Badass Babes of Planet Terror (11:50)

-The Guys of Planet Terror (16:32)

-Casting Rebel (05:34)

-Sickos, Bullets and Explosions: The Stuns of Planet Terror (13:1Cool

-The Friend, The Doctor and The Real Estate Agent (6:42)

Disc 5: Grindhouse (191 minute theatrical cut)

-English DD, Japanese dub

-Japanese subtitles

Disc 6: Japanese only Grindhouse bonus disc (106 minutes)

-Grindhouse - US Trailer

-2006 San Diego Comicon

-Tarantino Interview (About the homages in Death Proof, About Planet Terror, Use of Music, Possible Sequel to Death Proof)

-Staff/Cast comments

-The Directors of the Fake Trailers

-Coments on past Grindhouse Films

-Making Of Planet Terror

6 Disc GrindHouse DVD - HorrorMovies.ca

http://lx02.www.tsutaya.co.jp/shopping/marugoto/index.pl?pg_id=3817

Worst film I saw this year? The Brave One

What a pile of tosh. The only thing stopping me walking out was the fact that Jodie Foster was in it.

The Simpsons Movie had it's share of laughs, but I agree with people who say it was a massive disappointment. You have to have 'emotion' and 'feeling', but they just milked it too much and completely over-saturated the film in it. It felt leaden. Which is a shame because when it was on form (those few, gleaming moments), it was BANG ON.

I "recommended" Dream Girls to my Mum during the Christmas holidays. Hadn't seen it myself at that point, but thought it would a fairly clean-cut story (suitable for Mum) with some half decent music given it was based on the Supremes. The music was horrible, bore no relation to the Supremes or early Motown, it was just warbling X Factor / Whitney Houston style vocals with ludicrous, over the top, orchestral arrangements. Thankfully Mum had the good sense to turn it off after an hour. Now my worst film of 2007.

I "recommended" Dream Girls to my Mum during the Christmas holidays. Hadn't seen it myself at that point, but thought it would a fairly clean-cut story (suitable for Mum) with some half decent music given it was based on the Supremes. The music was horrible, bore no relation to the Supremes or early Motown, it was just warbling X Factor / Whitney Houston style vocals with ludicrous, over the top, orchestral arrangements. Thankfully Mum had the good sense to turn it off after an hour. Now my worst film of 2007.

I'd second that - it was ding. A bunch of overrated "divas" trying to out whoa-oo-oaa yea-eeaah each other with some musical numbers that went on forever.

Pish.

Watched Straightheads with Gillian Anderson and Danny Dyer the other night and i have to say that is the worst film of the year and very possibly the worst film ever!! Call me shallow or whatever but the best part about said movie is Gillian Anderson's breasts!!!

But watching Gillian Anderson bugger a rapist with a sniper rifle with a rather large silencer wasn't very pleasent!!!!