aberdeen-music

Film of the year?

Jamie

Possibly my memory is failing me and I'm forgetting something ace, or maybe I just didn't catch the best stuff, but I didn't think there were that many great movies this year.

At a push I'd say Rescue Dawn or The Simpsons Movie.

I thought Control was pretty disappointing.

What were other peoples' favourites?

Enjoyed Transformers and never played with them as a kid or watched the cartoons. Also enjoyed Stardust, The Golden Compass, The Bourne Ultimatum, The 300. Not watched that much this year so will have probably missed some super duper stuff. Mostly watched DVD box sets this year, Deadwood, Rome, How I Met Your Mother, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Torchwood, Married With Children etc

Was 'Monster House' this year or last? My 10 yr old is just eating up my life. Get to see some ace films I probably wouldn't otherwise watch! Surf's Up was a blast too.

'Zinidane: A 21 century Portrait' had a lasting impact. (I saw it this year)

Transformers, well, just coz the cgi just wasn't at all cgi. Flipped my head that did.

Finishing Uni meant that I couldn't see as many films at the Belmont as I'd have liked. My films of the year are: The Prestige, 3:10 to Uma, superbad, the Counterfeiters, Last King of Scotland, Children of Men (but I think that was last year)

American Gangster and Babel well over-rated.

Yeah, Children of Men was defo last year. I thought Last King of Scotland and The Prestige were too - all good movies which-ever year they are from.

Totally agree about Babel. Walked out even though I knew there was only 5-10 mins left - tedious in the extreme.

Yeah, Children of Men was defo last year. I thought Last King of Scotland and The Prestige were too - all good movies which-ever year they are from.

Totally agree about Babel. Walked out even though I knew there was only 5-10 mins left - tedious in the extreme.

Feck yeah Last King of Scoltand was really good

Another for me was Blood Diamond, I cried for a minute.....o_O