aberdeen-music

AKA The Fox, Weezzizer, Dogs Die in Hot Cars

Any other posters there last night?

AKA the Fox:

I was excited to hear these guys 'cos I've heard good things and they really are quite fresh and intresting. I think I expected something more due to the hype, but I still thought they were really quite acomplished. Put me in mind of The Rapture at times, more in terms of energy than sound. Oh, and their Iggy Pop cover sounded like Ministry, which is NEVER bad. Hope to catch 'em again

Wezzizer:

Not really their name. Gilias or Silias or something. I think they just seemed a little out of context at this gig. The geeky hip-hop angle was just annoying and everything else sounded a bit like sub-weezer alt-rock, although not quite as wearying as Trucks or Wheatus. I didn't hate them as much as some people seemed too, but they were cringe inducing in places. Sorry.

(Learned the name was "Grisli". Cheers to Dave in One Up for that.)

Dogs Die in Hot Cars:

Yeah. Good. I'll definitley check out their album. The XTC comparisons are pretty accurate, although they randomly reminded me of Duran Duran at times, which isn't a bad thing. Anyone else still got Godhopping lodged in their brain?

7/10

• 2 weeks later...