SATURDAY 15TH DECEMBER

STARTING AT THE CASTLEGATE AT 1.30pm -

BRING SOMETHING TO MAKE A NOISE!!!

pens/clipboards to collect signatures for the massive petition

THEN THE TUNNELS - 8 BANDS PLAYING FROM 3.00pm

INC - THE LORELEI; STEVE MILNE; STEVE CRAWFORD; KITCHEN CYNICS;

SON HENRY AND MORE... WITH DJs IN BETWEEN SETS, FACE PAINTING, JUGGLERS etc

Save The Lemon Tree - Home

CALLING ALL COMPANIES OUT THERE - WE NEED YOU TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US! - WE ARE BUT A FEW AND YOU ARE MANY!!!

Nice one Chilli, nice one son - looks like a great event. Wish I could be there. Hope it goes very well, raises heaps of dosh, and generates loads of petition signatures.

Aberdeen music public/posters lets gets as many people behind this as possible:

SATURDAY 15TH DECEMBER

CALLING ALL COMPANIES OUT THERE - WE NEED YOU TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US! - WE ARE BUT A FEW AND YOU ARE MANY!!!

Aberdeen music public/posters lets gets as many people behind this as possible:

SATURDAY 15TH DECEMBER

last chance today peeps

mood = upbeat

File under "Too fucking easy".

Please mind the trolls, Lemon Tree people.

Why, because it hurts to hear it? I maybe wouldn't have said it quite like that, and the only staff that ever bothered me were the "security", but he has a point. Maybe it's time there was a gap in the market to let the interested parties re-assess, re-group and reform. And do it properly. At best the Lemon Tree & staff deserves some sympathy and some good old nostalgia, it sure as hell doesn't deserve more people putting more money into their pockets. They've been doing that long enough.

Meritocracy.

Why, because it hurts to hear it? I maybe wouldn't have said it quite like that, and the only staff that ever bothered me were the "security", but he has a point. Maybe it's time there was a gap in the market to let the interested parties re-assess, re-group and reform. And do it properly. At best the Lemon Tree & staff deserves some sympathy and some good old nostalgia, it sure as hell doesn't deserve more people putting more money into their pockets. They've been doing that long enough.

Hear, hear. They got a second chance in 2004 and obviously couldn't turn things round since so why should more tax-payers money be put into The Lemon Tree?

I still haven't seen or heard any explanation of why they need to raise 150k and exactly what this money is going to be used for by the way.

Hear, hear. They got a second chance in 2004 and obviously couldn't turn things round since so why should more tax-payers money be put into The Lemon Tree?

I still haven't seen or heard any explanation of why they need to raise 150k and exactly what this money is going to be used for by the way.

For the person who is supposedly in favour of the live music scene in Aberdeen your credibility just went down the pan through your totally ignorant post. Should you & lots of people be asking questions about the MULTI millions of tax payers money the council have ploughed into the AECC (20m+ I am led to believe)

Because of ths overlooked council folly, the council has larger than expected deficit & The Lemon Tree is obviously one of many smaller victims of this financial folly. At least The Lemon Tree covered the provision of arts & music for ALL the community.

For the person who is supposedly in favour of the live music scene in Aberdeen your credibility just went down the pan through your totally ignorant post. Should you & lots of people be asking questions about the MULTI millions of tax payers money the council have ploughed into the AECC (20m+ I am led to believe)

Because of ths overlooked council folly, the council has larger than expected deficit & The Lemon Tree is obviously one of many smaller victims of this financial folly. At least The Lemon Tree covered the provision of arts & music for ALL the community.

Asking straight forward and honest questions in relation to the business of public money, or otherwise, doesn't for one minute suggest that someone has little interest in the music scene. I for one don't want to see money, especially money given in good-will, be misused or wasted. I and others have stated elsewhere our concerns and these concerns are born of a genuine interest in the music and arts scene in Aberdeen. Not disrespecting anyones efforts in the slihgthest and I applaud those trying (damn hard). If holes are going to be plugged then I hope they are once and for all plugged for good and not taped over. It seems that anyone that raises questions about the LT's percieved mis-management by those in charge, council included, are seen to be anti Aberdeen arts and Music. Far from it! Reality has to play a part and common sense should prevail.

And again for anyone trying to read between these lines. I am a firm and signed up, long in the tooth, supporter of all things cultural in Aberdeen and I truly hope that something positive comes of the LT shennanigans, 'in whatever form'!

Jim

It's anything but ignorant! He's asking perfectly valid questions. Nobody has said plainly and clearly what the pan is for this marvelous 150 thousand that is being raised. It's just taken as an excuse to try and blackball people to make others feel guilty about not supporting the cause, it seems.

Personally, I have an issue with this tactic, and also the frankly rude methods which some of the StLT people are using to collect signatures and donations.

I'd like to see the place saved, but I'd prefer it if folks like lowball were a little less aggressive. It's not motivating anyone.

Thanks for answering none of my questions. :rolleyes:

And for what it's worth the last gig I went to in Aberdeen was at the AECC, not The Lemon Tree. Funny that.

lol lol lol

the aecc is a lot more than a half used gig venue

it is a major centre for economic development for aberdeen, grampian and surrounding areas

it ensures that your beloved airport is as busy as it is

it employs over 400-500 staff

a serious amount of deals are brokered because you have a facility like that in your city

a serious amount of business' relocates or expands into aberdeen because you have a facility like that which caters for the type of business they want to sell to (i.e. north sea)

it is home to offshore europe which contributes a MASSIVE amount of money to the economy

it hosts a wide range of family events throughout the year

the aecc also took heed when they got bailed out, and (from what I have been informed) they are doing pretty well to reduce the losses year on year

the lemon tree is something that is good for the city too, but not in its current state or the state is has been for years.

the current save the lemon tree campaign is an erattic reaction that is stimulated by the emotional ties to the place, without really looking at the situation in a calm, logical manner. The whole scenario is the equivalent of rubbing ice cubes on a hot surface; it slightly cools for a short while, makes a bloody mess then dries away never to be seen again

a long term strategy is needed, not a short term one

lol lol lol

the aecc is a lot more than a half used gig venue

it is a major centre for economic development for aberdeen, grampian and surrounding areas

it ensures that your beloved airport is as busy as it is

it employs over 400-500 staff

a serious amount of deals are brokered because you have a facility like that in your city

a serious amount of business' relocates or expands into aberdeen because you have a facility like that which caters for the type of business they want to sell to (i.e. north sea)

it is home to offshore europe which contributes a MASSIVE amount of money to the economy

it hosts a wide range of family events throughout the year

the aecc also took heed when they got bailed out, and (from what I have been informed) they are doing pretty well to reduce the losses year on year

the lemon tree is something that is good for the city too, but not in its current state or the state is has been for years.

the current save the lemon tree campaign is an erattic reaction that is stimulated by the emotional ties to the place, without really looking at the situation in a calm, logical manner. The whole scenario is the equivalent of rubbing ice cubes on a hot surface; it slightly cools for a short while, makes a bloody mess then dries away never to be seen again

a long term strategy is needed, not a short term one

no one could have said that better.

File under "Too fucking easy".

Please mind the trolls, Lemon Tree people.

i'd say the same about your post. but debate isn't your strong point. the folk who followed on from me were a deal more eloquent than me, but the point remains- why bail out a sinking ship if you dont find out why its sinking. pouring more money in is daft- and my point about staff attitude is valid- the place was shit for rock gigs, so i along with other CUSTOMERS voted with our feet. dont take it personally, the sound was also crap- but the sound is crap in drummonds and i still go there- better atmosphere- a real good "venue".

i just got the impression on the times i went to the Holy sainted tree that rock gigs, the bands and audience members were "tolerated"-

which is odd because i was paying to get in.

it might be a good idea to get the staff together with Gordon Ramsay and let him sort the wheat from the chaff, and the usefull from the cunts.

actually this is great for the tunnels,

which got the venue thing right for a change.

i'm really surprised the place was nae bailed out again, given the councils complete lack of business acumen.

peace,

Guest Neutral
i'd say the same about your post. but debate isn't your strong point. the folk who followed on from me were a deal more eloquent than me, but the point remains- why bail out a sinking ship if you dont find out why its sinking. pouring more money in is daft- and my point about staff attitude is valid- the place was shit for rock gigs, so i along with other CUSTOMERS voted with our feet. dont take it personally, the sound was also crap- but the sound is crap in drummonds and i still go there- better atmosphere- a real good "venue".

i just got the impression on the times i went to the Holy sainted tree that rock gigs, the bands and audience members were "tolerated"-

which is odd because i was paying to get in.

it might be a good idea to get the staff together with Gordon Ramsay and let him sort the wheat from the chaff, and the usefull from the cunts.

actually this is great for the tunnels,

which got the venue thing right for a change.

i'm really surprised the place was nae bailed out again, given the councils complete lack of business acumen.

peace,

I agree with this post all apart from the tunnels getting it right, more techno underground and extreme music is needed how about a night somewhere dedicated to gabber:up:

The people at the Tunnels are fantastic, dedicated, knowledgeable and a credit to the music community. They've done a great job attempting to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but the sooner they find a decent space to move into and rid themselves of the cement-mixer that is the architectural legacy to the sound team there the better. The fact I've been advised by staff to wear earplugs while standing twenty feet away from the stage is only the least of the concerns I have about the place. It's ugly, it's soulless, it's claustrophobic and there isn't a decent place to sit down in the entire place. You have the choice of being deafened or obstructed, and neither is particularly pleasant.

Now, if the Tunnels people were to take on the Lemon Tree...

couldn't agree less(apart from your first sentence obviously). there's certainly less obstructions than in the lemon tree. no horrid pillars for a start and it's just the right size for what they put on. i've found the tunnels to have far more atmosphere for gigs than most lemon tree ones, particularly those which aren't well attended. it's all subjective i guess.