aberdeen-music

[GIG] James @ AECC

Kowalski

Bit of a strange one, isn't it? The Music Hall is more in line with the venues they're playing.

There's not been a Manchester date announced yet either, which is even stranger.

Saw them at T this year and they were superb. never used to like them, but looking forward to seeing them again.

No way they'll fill the AECC. I would have gone to see them 10 years ago, dunno if it'll be worth it these days though.

They're just as good and will predominantly be playing old stuff, so nae that different from 10 years ago.

Your choice, though.

Really looking forward to this, although I can see a downgrading in the venue when tickets don't sell. Would be to the benefit of the folk who do want to go, though!

No way they'll fill the AECC. I would have gone to see them 10 years ago, dunno if it'll be worth it these days though.

Nor did MCR, Ian Brown, 50 Cent, etc, etc - the AECC will just be cordoned off to the size of the crowd that's expected and seats added/taken away accordingly.

Better playing to 3000 people in the AECC than 1500 at the Music Hall, surely.

They're just as good and will predominantly be playing old stuff, so nae that different from 10 years ago.

saw them down in glasgow earlier this year and i was surprised at just how many new songs they put in their set.it was still good tho just a shame they missed out a few of their 'classics'

I saw them at the Venue, and the Capitol.....VG both times, although by the time of the Capitol they were 'big' to the point of being overexposed.

If they were doing new stuff it might be worth heading for...but I don't like the AECC.

they played The Venue in the 80s - support was an up and coming band called the Happy Mondays.

wonder what happened to them?

• 4 months later...
saw them down in glasgow earlier this year and i was surprised at just how many new songs they put in their set.it was still good tho just a shame they missed out a few of their 'classics'

You were right sir - far too many new ones and too many classics left out. The first song set the tone really badly - the fiddle solo was pure shite. What the fuck was the guy in the dress all about? And Tim Booth saying "shut the fuck up" because everyone wouldn't go quiet was out of order.

Still, Born of Frustration, Laid, She's a Star, Ring the Bells, Tomorrow and particuarly Sometimes were brilliant.

The keyboard player fucked up Come Home twice and that pissed me off further.

Not worth 33 on reflection.

You were right sir - far too many new ones and too many classics left out. The first song set the tone really badly - the fiddle solo was pure shite. What the fuck was the guy in the dress all about? And Tim Booth saying "shut the fuck up" because everyone wouldn't go quiet was out of order.

Still, Born of Frustration, Laid, She's a Star, Ring the Bells, Tomorrow and particuarly Sometimes were brilliant.

The keyboard player fucked up Come Home twice and that pissed me off further.

Not worth 33 on reflection.

Was there a big crowd?

Was there a big crowd?

Not exactly packed, min. They had to curtain off sections.

Not that it's a fair comparison but when I think about it compared to Muse or the Foo Fighters it was relatively sparse. Thought at the time it would have been better in a packed Music Hall - the atmosphere was really sterile.