aberdeen-music

I'm a pirate now

Dayeth

I have decided to become a pirate because I need a cooler job and sailing the seas looting stolen treasure has always been a dream of mine.

But first, I need a crew..

I need around 25 men to sail under my captaincy around the world beginning next week, until the end of September cos thats when Uni starts again. Here are the conditions:

- Ar!...Ye must be able t' speak ..like a pirate.

- You must understand the phrases "Scrub the Deck" "Walk the Plank" and "Y' better start believing in ghost stories....YAR IN ONE!"

- Treasure is split a more than fair 50/50 between captain (me) and screw.

- Anyone caught harbouring stolen goods without my knowledge shall be made to walk the plank.

- Treasure that is impractical will be buried and its position will be recorded on a tea staind sheet of A3 cartridge paper with an "X" symbol. A3 only please. Little detail is required in mapping.

- Weapons will have to be supplied by yourselves or until we loot some. (Please no weapons of technology proceeding the early 1700's.)

- Rum and water biscuits will be provided, meals will be roasted person... dental floss will also be provided.

- You must live and die by the pirate code. A second edition copy of this will be issued at port before departure.

- Bonus: Having a missing eye, parrot, missing limb replaced by wood or a hook, a bandana, eyepatch or an amazing pirate hat

The crew is already made of myself (Captain Akabussi), my first mate (Blackjack Benson Philips (Demon_of_the_Fall)) and a third cabin boy (Long John Fashunu) who you will meet later.

If there more than 25 applicants, I shall consider a fleet and select siutable candidates to captain the other ships.

Now are ye with me... YAY OR NEI!

Disclaimer: Being a pirate may cause scurvy, loss of limb/eye/teeth/toes, bad breathe, death.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could of lived in any time it would of been around then, as an Officer in the Royal Navy. So I will be out to hunt you down. hehe

Guest you_nazi

ooh arr me hearties. i be on me final installment for a grand old ship, the likes ye could only dream of. she bides at the bay we call cruden.

i be a good help to the crew. i can swab the deck an' speak fluent landlubber.

Pah! Pirates!

Pirates are the slightly newer than monkeys, but older than ninjas comedy creature.

Look at this graph!

http://www.jamic-net.co.jp/diet/img/021215/graph.gif

this graph clearly shows the "comedy currency" of pirates and pirate related phrases like "scurvy", "pegleg" and "jesus". The following graph shows how funny ninjas have become since the pirate's terminal decline late last year:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Chebucto/Technical/Reports/graph-Nov15-noon.gif

a report from a leading historian states:

"pirate...not considered...popular"

source: http://www.piratesinfo.com/history/history.php

No, just as monkeys were once really fucking funny in the period, 1998-2000 and pirates were goddamn hillarious until last December, it has come to the attenion of many "laughosphers*" that ninjas look really funny in films like "American Ninja", have awesome websites like www.realultimatepower.net and were in"Shinobi" on the megadrive. My friends, isn't it time to let the dead horse/pirate lie.

1. Ninjas are also tougher than pirates. Are there any pirates in Japan? No, because ninjas probably killed them all.

2. These are all "facts"

*may not be a "real" "word".

Originally posted by you_nazi:

ooh arr me hearties. i be on me final installment for a grand old ship, the likes ye could only dream of. she bides at the bay we call cruden.

i be a good help to the crew. i can swab the deck an' speak fluent landlubber.

Originally posted by New Found Power:

I was a pirate at Halloween, the best damn pirate that ever plundered ye seven seas.

Let me join yer crew, or prepare to be boarded, scabrous dogs!

AAAHAAR! I like the yee young scallywags speak... the vessel "The Wastelander" awaits in all her glory ...welcome aboard.

Originally posted by Rhiannon:

I'm going to have my own pirate ship, and it will be better then yours, and have cooler people and then we shall sink your ship and we will be ace.

Ar! You dont scare us! You couldn't sail a kite! *toothless grin*

Guest AX FAE TX

CAN I JOIN.?

I HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE ,

I CAN PLAY THE SQUEEZE BOX.

AND MOST IMPORTANT I HAVE A RED BEARD.

OOOH RRRRRR MEEEE HARTY'S PIECES OF EIGHT.