aberdeen-music

New tattooists on King Street

Lemonade

As an aside, does anyone know any good tattooists in Glasgow? I've been recommended Tribe, but any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Tribe have been known to tattoo pished folk (my ex, went into Tribe absolutely shitfaced and they tattooed him no bother, regardless that he was stinking of alcohol and couldn't stand up straight) so I'd try and avoid them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2881636773a6798415511l.jpg

2881636773a6798415843l.jpg

This was just after taking off the cover, the feather is now quite light and really detailed...the first "aut" is where the ink has now bled slightly. Also got a sketch style nautical star just above my elbow on the back of my arm, really rough looking like a kid drew it with a biro but thats exactly what I wanted.

Nice pants!

This thread hasn't really cleared up much of anything. Like the Draconian vs Richards thread, some people say Rapport is great while some say it's shit, ditto Richards, ditto Draconian, ditto Retro Rebels. I still haven't been for my ink yet, despite starting this thread a year and a half ago. I'm gonna go in April, but still, of the four I don't know which one to go to . Well actually I know for a fact I'm not going to Richards. So that leaves three. I've got my own design in mind. Can't draw for shit though so I'll have to get someone to draw it for me.

I am in the midst of getting my next one booked in Dundee (metallurgy) again, the guy is good in there and will design for you (won't do a replica). There is a month waiting for a sat tho, so hoping to go mid-week leaving work early!

My pal just got one by Jimmy in Tat Studio and it's really pretty, good line work and quite big considering it only took a few hours. My sister got one in Retro's and again, really decent line work & shading.I also know of people who have had done in Draconians and their's are done beautifully too

so I think they are all good!!

Prob be best just taking your design in to a few places and see who you connect with and who has the best ideas re: your design

I got some writing spiralled around my arm by Jimmy at Richard's a wee while back. 19-20 words or so. Took just under an hour and it looks ace. The black is nice and dark, theres no patchy bits or anythingand it healed really quickly. Jimmy was dead patient and everything. Never been tattooed by richard yet, but i'll going back to richards for my next one, so i'll see what happens. Granted it isnt the hardest tattoo ever, but all the linework is really nicely done. 5 stars!

x

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

ok

back when darryl worked at retros he did tattoos as well

now he is at Rapport, he just does the piercings (and currently has an apprentice)

not sure what the guy who does the tats is called but yes he has long brown hair and a nose piercing

i think he has an apprentice as well, but i havnt seen him in a while, he was from holland. its either he has finished his apprenticeship or and cancelled it i dont know

after i had 2 piercings reject because of retro rebels rapport is the only place i go to now. darryl is a legend, and is definatly recommended by me

IMO, I would go to Glasgow to Forevermore tattoo's

or Edinburgh - Red Hot And Blue,

The guy at red hot and blue has done most of the bassist in graders new stuff,

like his hands and neck and they all look awesome,

I would say its worth spending the money to get travel and get an excellent tattoo,

its something permanent, so why no make a trip out of it?

Just got work started on my full sleeve from Rapport, much talk and discussion went into this but Woody has a real passion for it, and obviously I do. His line work, due to the needles he uses cannot be too thin, if you want precise, small work, Richards in unparalleled in Aberdeen IMO. But if you got an idea, and want some input from a great artist go here.

I cannot recommend him enough after my sleeve and it's only half done! I'll let it speak for itself though. (Wasn't healed, nor is it all the detail in it fully done yet, nearly there though)

LadyInk-1.jpg

I'll continue to second anyone recommending Red Hot and Blue in Edinburgh. Paul has done both the tattoos on my arms and I'll be going back to him for my back piece and anything else I get done.

Yup, Jason at Red Hot & Blue did the top of my left arm a while back. We had plenty of discussion beforehand, and he did three different designs. Paul did my one before that (a simply one) and the lines are brilliant.

Recommended.

Problem? Something wrong with a tattooist having their own style and methods and not just working from a photocopier and transfer?

No not at all.

a good tattooist is able to do all styles and 'methods' and not just work in there own 'style'

try using the same 'method' for doing a colour portrait as big black anti-flow tribal.

if you want thinner lines i have a real wacky idea, make or buy smaller tighter needle groups and learn how to do tighter thinner lines, i know that sounds totaly crazy but hey i dont know shit.

xxx

• Upvote 1

Just got work started on my full sleeve from Rapport, much talk and discussion went into this but Woody has a real passion for it, and obviously I do. His line work, due to the needles he uses cannot be too thin, if you want precise, small work, Richards in unparalleled in Aberdeen IMO. But if you got an idea, and want some input from a great artist go here.

I cannot recommend him enough after my sleeve and it's only half done! I'll let it speak for itself though. (Wasn't healed, nor is it all the detail in it fully done yet, nearly there though)

Nice sleeve :)

• 7 months later...