aberdeen-music

the evening express lied!!!!!

JJ 10 Easy Wishes

'my night out' today published that i cant stand biffy clyro. this is not true! i feel like ive been raped, except less bad than that. imagine if simon neil were reading the evening express today like im sure he does, and read that? he would obviously be devastated.

to reiterate, i love biffy clyro and do not hate them like this article says

:swearing:

Aberdeen Journals in lying shocker!

Not for the first time I'm afraid. They can be very flexible with the facts.

Not the EE but here's one from last week:

this is north scotland - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

Vandals have forced a firm out of the city over fears equipment could be damaged.

Staff from Les Taylor Group have refused to return to the site of the new Bankhead Academy until the firm overseeing the project, Danish company Phil, hires security to combat vandals. It comes after the perimeter fence surrounding the Kepplehills Road site was flattened.

Except that the flattened fences almost certainly owed a fair bit more to the heavy winds the night before.

Still, who cares when you have an antisocial agenda to push? :(

'my night out' today published that i cant stand biffy clyro. this is not true! i feel like ive been raped, except less bad than that. imagine if simon neil were reading the evening express today like im sure he does, and read that? he would obviously be devastated.

They did a two-page article on me some years back when I had taken over as player-manager of a struggling club. They came to my office, took a photo of me with the new strips (sponsored by my company) and told me that someone would come and interview me.

What they did instead, was interview a player who had already left the club, quoted me as having being former manager of a major NE Junior club and print a whole load of other nonsensical pish.

I had to phone the other club and apologise. Their manager was OK about it..."'at cunts is ayewiz deein 'at, dah worry aboot it min".

Evening Express - bunch 'o cunts

I laughed at an article yesterday, it was about how well people know the north east or something. They had vox pops with the average punter on the street who all turned out to be fucking idiots.

The questions were:

Which town is Dunnottar Castle beside? (3 of them got this I think)

Who is the captain of Aberdeen Football Club? (none of them got this, how hard is it to find one fucking Don's fan in Aberdeen?)

Which king started the city's common good fund? (a couple of them got this)

Who's monument is outside His Majesty's Theatre? (2 of them got this)

Think there was another one but I can't remember what it was. But still a pretty poor showing. None of the questions were hard if you've lived in the area for a while and pay attention.

Guest Steven Dedalus

to reiterate, i love biffy clyro and do not hate them like this article says

:swearing:

I read on pitchfork* today that Simon Neil, put a shotgun in his mouth and "did a Cobain", but there was no suicide note, just a bloodstained copy of the evening express.

*I haven't been on pitchfork today, and have only just woken up. The above is probably not true.

Although if it is true, I'll feel really bad.

my faux pas wasn't really that bad.........well actually i suppose it was. by the way for the record, the question : who would you least like to go on a night out with? my original answer was 'the mcanns' but i was told that wasn't really appropriate. I think its fair to say a lot of people would say the same. I can't imagine them being a hoot and a holler, they are the same age as my parents probably and also i wouldn't be able to not ask them why they left a 4 year old or whatever she is/was on her own in a holiday flat. that's wrong!

however i was booed and had to give an official complaint in my quiz because for one of the rounds, which was a drawing round, where contestants have their 'art' graded from 1 - 10 to win points on artistic merit, originality and humour for the quiz, i asked each team to draw : where do you think maddy mcann is just now?

now almost immediately i realised that this is probably not the sort of thing to say in a public house, and the large amount of booing seemed to back this up. in my defence though i didnt actually make a joke as such, i merely asked everyone to draw where they thought she was. perhaps they hoped she was alive and well and could have drawn this, and the realists could then have drawn something a bit less fun. im sure the same people who complained have no qualms about laughing at the things on south park. i just thought maybe that people had learned to have a sense of humour by now, and not find only certain things funny but certain things not funny. as trey parker says, once you start choosing what you cant make fun about you do become racist, prejudiced etc. 'aww dooood its not cool making jokes about that man its not cool ur sick. south park had this ace joke about cancer though lolz etc. in conclusion, i learned my lesson

I read on pitchfork* today that Simon Neil, put a shotgun in his mouth and "did a Cobain", but there was no suicide note, just a bloodstained copy of the evening express.

*I haven't been on pitchfork today, and have only just woken up. The above is probably not true.

Although if it is true, I'll feel really bad.

hahaha imagine that were the case. in a sort of horribly funny way id like to see that scene

I laughed at an article yesterday, it was about how well people know the north east or something. They had vox pops with the average punter on the street who all turned out to be fucking idiots.

The questions were:

Which town is Dunnottar Castle beside? (3 of them got this I think)

Who is the captain of Aberdeen Football Club? (none of them got this, how hard is it to find one fucking Don's fan in Aberdeen?)

Which king started the city's common good fund? (a couple of them got this)

Who's monument is outside His Majesty's Theatre? (2 of them got this)

Think there was another one but I can't remember what it was. But still a pretty poor showing. None of the questions were hard if you've lived in the area for a while and pay attention.

The only one I know is Scott Severin. Mind you , I'm not from Aberdeen so I think that's acceptable...

On another occasion, members of another local board were amongst the subjects of their "investigations" into another "antisocial" issue.

I ended-up listing a breakdown of the methods the P&J had used against various people against the PCC code. They broke just about every rule & several other laws relavent to harrassment, stalking & incitement.

Within 12 hours of my, the owner of that board had been contacted by the editor himself & a much more civilised interview arranged.

On another occasion, a friend found their completely cock-eyed reporting of his motorbike accident thrown against him as evidence in court & when dealing with the insurer. The phone conversation with the duty sub-editor over that was an absolute beaut!

do any journalist for aberdeen's quality newspaper come on here? there must be some gathering up gossip. I doubt any would admit it though

They undoubtably do, given that a story was published about RFR Promotions a few days after I posted about their financial troubles. Considering that very few people were aware of the problems at the time, it wouldn't be surprising if the story came out of the original posting.