aberdeen-music

Myspace

Lemonade

I signed up to Myspace recently after using Bebo for ages but I find it really difficult to use, and frustrating as hell, completely un-user friendly. To put any text or images in my page I need to use HTML, which I don't know how to do, although there is an editor tool to change the colours of the page and stuff. You can't change the layout. The bands section doesn't even have an editor tool or a wizard, you can't do anything with it other than fill in a few boxes. Bebo is easy as fuck, a kid could do it, it's all done by wizards and drag and drop. I feel like I can hardly edit anything on myspace. How do people get their pages looking so good without having knowledge of HTML?

I signed up to Myspace recently after using Bebo for ages but I find it really difficult to use, and frustrating as hell, completely un-user friendly. To put any text or images in my page I need to use HTML, which I don't know how to do, although there is an editor tool to change the colours of the page and stuff. You can't change the layout. The bands section doesn't even have an editor tool or a wizard, you can't do anything with it other than fill in a few boxes. Bebo is easy as fuck, a kid could do it, it's all done by wizards and drag and drop. I feel like I can hardly edit anything on myspace. How do people get their pages looking so good without having knowledge of HTML?

Search google for like a "myspace editor", and people have made programs that develop the code for you, then you just stick it in your page. :up:

It is a bit frustrating sometimes. For the about section, I had to search on the internet for a site that gave me the codes to allow me to start new bloody paragraphs. Evidently pressing the enter key is too simple for them.

If you go onto my site Elwood, you'll get a link to an editor that I found pretty decent. It definately is worth the effort to set up a page, another way of getting gigs nice and simple.

Guest Steven Dedalus
Nobody seems to use myspace anymore, except musical types and ugly girls with big trendy hair. Quite strange that.

I still use myspace, but that's because I'm an ugly girl with big hair.

I find Bebo the domain of children and child abusers.

Or so I was told.