aberdeen-music

Mass Effect

Acey Trixx

I loved Knights Of The Old Republic, but to be honest I havn't really given this game much attention. Like you guys are saying the silly season is upon us once again where every company tries to flog us their AAA wares at the same time, while you are surviving on a tighter than normal budget due to having to buy everyone else presents!

I even cancelled my call of duty 4 pre order due to the overwhelming gameage that I have to catch up on and the lack of fundage.

I will maybe catch mass effect when I win the lottery and can live a life of lesuire............

Assassin's Creed has been getting fairly mediocre reviews.

Mediocre?

Gamespot: 9/10

IGN: 7.5/10

Game Informer: 9.5/10

GamesRadar: 10/10

GameSpy: 7/10

GameTrailers: 9.1/10

1UP: 7/10

PlanetXbox360: 6.7/10

Famitsu: 9.3/10

TeamXbox: 7.9/10

XboxAddict: 9.6/10

Eurogamer: 7/10

GamePro: 10/10

Pro-G: 8/10

That's an average so far of an 8.4/10. (cross platform)

Does that mean if a game scores an average of less than 9/10 it's mediocre these days?

Mediocre?

Does that mean if a game scores an average of less than 9/10 it's mediocre these days?

Game scores are always a bit weird. 80% certainly seems to spell mediocraty in a lot of reviews.

I'd say that something scoring around the 6 (or 60%) mark would be mediocre.

That's how it should work, I agree

Bomberman: Act Zero for Xbox 360 Review - Xbox 360 Bomberman: Act Zero Review

However that game got almost 3/10 on gamespot, yet has no apparent good points and also goes to the trouble of shitting on a much loved series. If that's the 'zero' point, then it suggests that 7/10 is pretty mediocre.

Mediocre?

IGN and Eurogamer are quite reliable and they gave it 7/7.5 which is mediocre compared to what I was hoping it would be and what I imagine Mass Effect is going to get and what COD4 has been getting (the only thing stopping me from buying this is that I already have 2 shooters to play through and don't want another just now). Eurogamer said it's still a good game but not as good as Crackdown which it has a lot in common with and is let down by repetitive and limited gameplay (I'm paraphrasing).

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playin it for the best part of the day. I like it, it's not without it's flaws though. Graphics could be better, the frame rate is a bit shit ie it jerks now and again and once you get into your ship and travel the galaxy, when you assemble you team and go out onto planets you've gotta go all the way back to your ship to change them if you want, which is a bit of a pain in the arse!

However its massive, the plot's pretty good and there is heaps to do!! Ill be playing this for a while me thinks!