aberdeen-music

The Hoosiers

medichi

Bullshit. The Beatles are a band that defy such simple categorisation and have influenced many disparate artists. Indeed I wouldn't say either The Police or U2 would either be simply "pop". The latter two aren't exactly known for their saccharine sweet harmonies either.

You can never blame a band for anyone taking something from them and creating shite.

The Beatles pretty much coined the phrase of "popular band".

And the other bands are pretty popular too!

The Beatles pretty much coined the phrase of "popular band".

And the other bands are pretty popular too!

Yes, The Beatles were rather popular but so were/are The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Small Faces, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Metallica...all popular bands. I suggest you take a wee bit of time to try and understand where contemporary music has come from and then you might gain the knowledge to make a point.

PS "Pop music" has been in existence way before the 60s.

Yes, The Beatles were rather popular but so were/are The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, Small Faces, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Metallica...all popular bands. I suggest you take a wee bit of time to try and understand where contemporary music has come from and then you might gain the knowledge to make a point.

PS "Pop music" has been in existence way before the 60s.

You're deviating from your "original point".

Guest Tam o' Shantie
What's wrong with me? I haven't heard any of these new bands mentioned in this thread. I assume it's the type of garbage that's played on Hollyoaks and on Radio One?

you are 100 per cent correct. these bands all come close to making me physically sick, on a side note

You're deviating from your "original point".

Aye right!

Put simply...just for you

1) No band you mentioned can have any blame towards the creation and output of the Hoosiers e.g. Led Zeppelin cannot be blamed for heavy metal although they do have a lot of the base elements present within their style.

2) Pop can mean a multitude of things...from merely being popular to formulaic disposable commercial music with a short shelf life and no artistic merit.