aberdeen-music

Here we fucking go chant

Graeme

• 2 weeks later...
How it goes? I don't know it.

Seriously?

"Here we, here we, here we fucking go"

repeated over and over and FUCKING over and over, till you wish a huge spiked wrecking ball would hurtle into the venue and smash those grinning idiots faces to fucking smithereens, taking you with it so that the memory of the hideous drone spoiling the music is erased for ever.

or maybe that's just me. Seriously though, whenever I've heard it the chanters don't even put any effort or aggression into it, like they are just mumbling along for the sake of something to do.

Sounds like a retarded version of the old football chant

"Here we Go Here we Go Here we Go

Here we Go Here we Go Here we Goo-oah

Here we Go Here we Go Here we Go

Here we Go HERE WE GO"

Which DEFINITELY predates AFC's Gothenberg victory in '83, and was sung a great deal by Dons fans at the time, though to be fair, There we Went, and succesfully to boot. I'm not claiming that Dons fans invented it, but we spread it around a bit, must have been the optimism in the air at the time.

PS for anyone who hasn't heard it, it goes to the tune of some marching band style gubbins I don't know the title of.

That's a different tune Mondragon. The Here We Fucking tune is a lot more staccato, with the first two "here we"s each followed by a pause, then "here we FUCKING go". Similar to "We're Leeds United, we'll never be divided"

"The Here we go, here we go, here we go" chant that I also attribute to early '80s Dons fans, is, I think, actually to the tune of Three Cheers for the Red, White & Blue (ironic huh?) or to give it it's proper name - Columbia, Gem of the Ocean (thanks Google)

Lyrics and Music

• Upvote 1