aberdeen-music

Looking to gain knowledge of Club DJing

BRMC

Alright everyone interested to give a little advice.

I'm the kinda guy who loves my music, really into my indie rock n' roll like The Stone Roses, Oasis, Kasabian, The Jam, throwing in a of bit of The Coral, Jamie T etc .. you get the idea of the sorta music I'm into. Going to clubs in Aberdeen like O'neils, Exodus and a recent trip to Firewater in Glasgow has made me very interested in picking up DJing in these sorta places with the type of music they play, and here's where I need the help!

I have absolutely no idea what I should do to get started. For example, is it really as easy as selecting a cd and playing it? I think no , but I have no idea. Saw a couple of threads relating to this but they were from a couple of years ago so I thought I'd refresh it.

So would be much appreciated in getting tips, advice, anything basically related to becoming a DJ in these sort of clubs and what equipment I need etc. Just .. anything! All I know is my confidence in playing the right tunes, especially in O'neils!

• 2 weeks later...

yo, first off dont be a 'choose a record n press play' DJ (if you can call them dj's) they are in my opinion pish and ruin what a dj is really about, dj's should be creative and almost sort of interesting to listen to, with the types of music your speakin about mixing might be a bit hard to do but do-able with practice, pretty much just practice and enoy it, if youve got any mates who play go chill with them n get some tips n techniques. one last thing when your DJing make shure you keep your levels consistent. peace