aberdeen-music

Celler 35 - Music Venue

Gemz

you don't really need a lot of volume in there anyway. Though some additional sound proofing would appease the folks upstairs i guess.

charlottefield were pretty quiet but they have to turn the music up in te restaurant to appease (only suitable on fri/sat) and the bass frequencys (regardless of type of band) rumble and multiply right through the structure of the building to the top floors

i heard similar things about ack ack ack bilge pump show too

charlottefield were pretty quiet but they have to turn the music up in te restaurant to appease (only suitable on fri/sat) and the bass frequencys (regardless of type of band) rumble and multiply right through the structure of the building to the top floors

i heard similar things about ack ack ack bilge pump show too

Garry Wood.

Yip i really apprieciate what Dave from Celler 35 is doing. More music venues the better. He is tryin to get away from the private function thing all together.

Unfortunatly there is no stage at the mo...he is looking into that an possibly a new PA in the future.

Can anyone advice any good bands to get down? Kashmir Red were playing last weekend and the atmosphere was meant to be really good...

Cheers

Gemma

8-)

If I recall correctly it's not a very high ceiling.

A stage/raised area would also have to be big enough to accommodate larger bands. it's easy to spill out another 6 inches if the performance area is at the same level as the audience area but if there's a height difference you might have to go forward 3-4 feet instead.

Personally, I'd do a few shows and see how it works, see if it's feasible to put a stage in and see if the benefits of a stage would outweigh the occasional hassles of a band being too big for it.

All of PVH fitted no bother.(2 geetars keyboard etc)

I think this place is what Aberdeen needs, a nice small gig venue that is perfect for DIY/smaller gigs.

If anyone has been to the balcony in Dundee its bout a similar size and touring bands are often stopping of their as opposed to doing Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Get in touch with Dizzy Storm on here she might be interested in using it for her gigs.