aberdeen-music

The Simpsons vs Family Guy vs Futurama vs South Park vs American Dad

Lemonade

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
Which five episodes did you watch though? If it was the very early series then I can see why, but series 5-11 are brilliant, and very clever.

I wouldn't know actually - probably the very first five-ish that were aired on Channel 4.

I wouldn't know actually - probably the very first five-ish that were aired on Channel 4.

Well, I'm not surprised then, they were just pretty silly and childish really. Check out some of these later episodes:

"All About Mormons"

"Here Comes the Neighborhood"

"AWESOM-O"

"The Jeffersons"

"Ginger Kids"

Family Guy is not without it's fault, but there are always enough laughs in an episode to make it worthwhile, and when they do hit the nail on the head with a gag, it's unbeatable.

Agreed. I ill-advisedly tried to watch the series 6 DVD of Family Guy yesterday while drinking a cup of coffee, within 5 minutes I'd dribbled half the coffee down my chin from laughing so much. It was pretty disgusting to see.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd just like to make a point that Family Guy has pretty much turned into the most unfunny thing ever now. The new season is really dull and every joke seems forced.

Even Simpsons is more enjoyable with some witty jokes(they rehired the old writers or something?).

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but yours is just wrong! Family Guy is still funny as hell, the new series is much better than the last one... The Simpsons hasn't been funny for a long time.....

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but yours is just wrong! Family Guy is still funny as hell, the new series is much better than the last one... The Simpsons hasn't been funny for a long time.....

I mean the new season as in the one that is airing in America?

They keep on using the peadophile joke, and try and make jokes out of Peter's laugh. Also why is Meg still there? They've exhausted every "Meg is ugly and unwanted" joke there is. I mean the last episode was that Peter found out he is really Mexican...WTF?

The surprising thing is though, American Dad is still top class which is by the same writer.

I thought the end of the last season of the Simpsons(before the film came out) was great and it's still got a few decent episodes. Of course no where near it used to be and never will but it's more refreshing than it used to be.

Guest bluesxman

I used to really enjoy watching The Simpsons on Sky but never knew which series the episodes were from. I used to religiously buy the video collections that were released, haven't been buying the DVD sets though, I bought the first 2 seasons and thought they wer elargely pants - which are the best ones, 4 up until ? I ended up watching it so much on Sky that I sickened myself of it, it was on for like 3 hours solid on a Sunday evening at one point.

Still love Family Guy, although sometimes the Peter laughing scenes can be stretched to breaking point.

I bought Season 1 of American Dad, it had some good bits but not a patch on Family Guy for me.

I thought Futurama was pish after Season 1.

Haven't watched South Park since about Season 3, but the movie was amazing, may have to get hold of some of the later seasons.....

I bought the first 2 seasons and thought they wer elargely pants - which are the best ones, 4 up until ?

Basically 4-8 are the really good ones.

I like 1,2 and 3 as well, but I watched them when they first aired. I can see why they would look a bit rubbish if you saw the really good ones first. They were just finding their way back then.

I like 1,2 and 3 as well, but I watched them when they first aired. I can see why they would look a bit rubbish if you saw the really good ones first. They were just finding their way back then.

I have 3 on video box set and it's really good.

It's the season they take a big step forward in my opinion.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

family guy's 1st-3rd seasons are pretty untouchable. after that it just got dumbed down and mostly shit. same joke every fucking episode, all the clever humour taken out and simplified for fuckwits to enjoy it.

South Park all the way.Ive loved this program from day one.These are must sees......

"Scott Tennormen must die"

"Casa Bonito"

"The Snuke"

"Something You Can Do With Your Finger"

"Asspen"

"Imagination land 1 to 3"

"cat orgy"

"Ikes wee wee"

Ill think of more.........

Just so much amazing episodes.And they have signed up to do another 4 series apparently......

I started watching series 4 of Futurama last night to see if maybe it's got better since I last watched it. It's still really poor compared to the first 3 series.... full of really obvious jokes you could see coming a mile away, buckets of syrupy sentiment, weak storylines, just not the Futurama I know and love....

Guest bluesxman

Cheers.

There was one earlier episode I liked where Homer and Bart are trapped in the wilderness and Homer sets a trap to catch food with a bent over tree, a wee rabbit comes along and gets pinged into the distance by the tree, that bit was hilarious....

Cheers.

There was one earlier episode I liked where Homer and Bart are trapped in the wilderness and Homer sets a trap to catch food with a bent over tree, a wee rabbit comes along and gets pinged into the distance by the tree, that bit was hilarious....

Yeah, that was one of the first ones I saw. My mate had Sky via cable and I taped about six early episodes, including that one, on a VHS tape and used to watch them over and over.

Changed days to nowadays when you can download a show within minutes of it being aired.

I feel old having said that.