aberdeen-music

The Simpsons vs Family Guy vs Futurama vs South Park vs American Dad

Lemonade

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old simpsons episodes are more funny than family guy episodes in my opinion.

What Simpsons did was pretty fresh and new where as Family Guy just did what simpsons did but a different type of humour.

Simpsons all the way even if the last few seasons have been pish.

Can't see Family Guy staying good as long as the simpsons did. Actually it's 6th season and it's rubbish now.

Some older simpsons is ok. Some old south park was ace, I nearly pissed myself laughing at the movie. Futurama was really fecking good, but I think the creators became jaded as no-one was interested in their creations if it wasn't the simpsons. And now the simpsons has went down the pan, humph.<p>

I have to say that despite the obstacles that it has had to overcome ie. being cancelled lots, Family Guy pishes and shites all over those other shows.

In order of personal preference:

Family Guy

Futurama

The Simpsons

American Dad

South Park.

I like them all though as others have said recent series of the Simpsons have lacked a little on the humour front. But they've done a cracking job keeping it going as long as they have. The movie was fairly shit though. Family Guy obviously peaked at the 3rd series but it's still good. I think Futurama might be shit when/if it makes a come back but part of me hopes they'll recapture it perfectly. Bender is my favourite character from the whole lot of them, followed closely by Brian from Family Guy.

Guest batterypowpow

South Park.

There's something about The Simpsons i really can't stand. I've only seen Family Guy a handful of times... seems to be hit or miss. I've no interest in ever watching American Dad.

I've never really got into American Dad, I love the bizarreness of Family Guy but American Dad is just a little too weird for me.... South Park, well I loved the early episodes, but I only have council telly so I haven't actually seen it in years. It makes me sad to see The Simpsons so shit these days, andalthough the episodes were excellnt in their prime they've been overplayed to death, first by BBC 2 showing episodes from the same 3 series every day at 6, then Channel 4 doing the same, there are some of them that I just can't watch now, I know every jok like 10 minutes before it happens. Plus I just love Peter Griffin, he's such a brilliant character. Up there with Father Dougal, Del Trotter and Basil Fawlty IMO!

American dad, family guy and the simpsons are all good shows but nothing beats south park....i mean its nearly the end of the 11th series and i cant remember the last one i watched that i didnt find funny. The latest one is bloody genius as well.

'my balls are so dry, their going to explode into dust'

lol:up:

*links removed*

American dad, family guy and the simpsons are all good shows but nothing beats south park....i mean its nearly the end of the 11th series and i cant remember the last one i watched that i didnt find funny. The latest one is bloody genius as well.

'my balls are so dry, their going to explode into dust'

lol:up:

*links removed*

The thing about South Park is that the storylines are well thought out. I mean even after 11 series they have still not lost it's edge.

South Park really. It's only contender is Simpsons in its prime but, for me, South Park is still that step ahead.

South Parks prime (season 6-9 imo) is probably the funniest and most scathing satire to ever appear on television. as a programme its evolved so much. first few seasons it was just really really good toilet humour. then it got a bit more surreal. then it was really political. these days its a mixture of everything. always been really funny though.

in order

South Park

The Simpsons

Futurama

Family Guy

American Dad.

Futurama, Lost its way!!? get a grip.

South Park; "Must play Nintendo Wii"- back on form for many series now ('Woodland Critter Christmas"-genius) and their destruction of Family Guy proves its superiority.

So the winner is... Samurai Jack, I loves it.

Simpsons series 15, "Bart Mangled Banner" sets the standards in mild subversiveness, top line

Ellis Island official-"Whats your Name?"

Homer-"Simpson"

EIO-"Your the Simps Now"

Genius

The Film was crap though.

Family Guy by a mile for me.

I can barely watch the Simpsons anymore because it's either a good episode i've seen to death, or its a new one with a wild storyline and Homer trying to match Peter Griffin in stupidity. I can't bare South Park, the voices just etch on my brain after 5 seconds, never really got into Futurama or American Dad.

Family Guy is not without it's fault, but there are always enough laughs in an episode to make it worthwhile, and when they do hit the nail on the head with a gag, it's unbeatable.

South Park has never lost it's touch, The Simpsons did lose it's touch - but there'll always be a trove of oldies-but-goodies, Futurama is good in small doses and Family Guy/American Dad isn't funny in the slightest.

Spot on. South Park and peak era Simpsons for me... can't stand Family Guy.

Spot on. South Park and peak era Simpsons for me... can't stand Family Guy.

Have to agree with this, except the bit about Family Guy, never really watched it. Simpsons has been rubbish for about ten years now, but the peak stuff still beats everything else discussed here.

South Park is still doing it though, the episodes in the last few weeks have been good.

Guest idol_wild

I regard Family Guy and The Simpsons equally. Both are huge favourites of mine and I can go back to almost any episode and enjoy it.

American Dad is pretty weak.

Futurama has grown on me of late and I'm enjoying it very much.

South Park lasted about five episodes before I tired of it.