aberdeen-music

Ghosts / Paranormal thread

Guest idol_wild

You don't have to be completely paralysed... a feeling of being held down sounds an awful lot like sleep paralysis. Googling "bed shaking" brings up various explanations, both SP and similar experiences. And demons and UFOs of course.

When I mean move, I mean turn around and pull the covers up around my face. But I do agree that there will be a logical explanation that doesn't involve ghosts, it's just what people jump to whenever I mention it.

It's just that with the shaking, I could hear the mattress shuddering against the wooden bedframe, that's the only thing that really confused me. Maybe it was hearing the blood pump around my ears or something.

Since cool1 bumped this there's no harm in me posting.. right.. right?

Anyone heard of the "7 gates" or something? They start in Shedocksley and go on for a couple of miles or something. Meant to be more freaky and freaky as you go on. My dad said he did it, but was trippin' at the time and he got freaked out. But I put that more down to the drugs and not paranormal activity.

Imma combine this thread with this thread

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/51252-have-you-ever-seen-ghost.html

and this thread:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/moorings-bar/54013-moorings-haunted.html

and this thread:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/64572-paranormal-thread.html

to make one great big one-stop shop for all ghostie stories. Any objections? Tough tits, I'm doing it anyway.

I had an odd thing happen last night that got me thinking. In the cold light of day I'm sure it was fuck all but late on last night when I was sitting by myself it freaked me out a bit.

First thing that happened was Saturday night. About 3am I was standing out the front of my house, which is on a dead quiet street in Kincorth, there was nobody around and I was just calmly having a smoke, when I heard the creepiest fucking noise I've ever heard in my life coming from the bushes between my house and next door's house. It sounded a bit like this:

but longer and weirder. It went on for about 10-15 seconds, and it sounded kinda like a distressed baby, mixed with a seagull or something. Fuck knows. Now I figure it was probably a bird or a cat or something, but at the time i shat myself. Had a rake through the bushes the next day but couldn't see anything.

Then last night (Sunday) I was sitting watching TV around midnight and I heard a sort of loud "clink" sound coming from that direction, like someone had hit two coffee mugs together or something. My girlfriend was upstairs so I figured it was her doing something, though the noise sounded a lot closer than that. I went out for a smoke about 2am, and when I went to stub my fag out, I noticed my ashtray (a fairly heavy glass number) was broken right down the middle, and the two sides of it completely seperated and sitting quite far apart. It just sits on that spot on the top step at all times, so it's impossible for it to have fallen off anything, it seems it just cracked and broke in half by itself, and with some force judging by how far apart the two halves are. Very strange. I'm sure there's a rational explanation but it's got me a bit puzzled as to what it might be. This is how I found it:

htxrr.jpg

First thought was cats but not sure how a cat could have done that, other than stepping on the edge of it with all it's weight, and why would a cat do that? Then I thought possibly I may have left a cigarette burning in there which could have set fire to the contents of it, and the heat might have broken the glass, but there's no signs of charring, the butts that were in it have blown off the step and don't look burned, and I thought I would have smelt it. Sure there's a straightforward explanation and all that, I just found it a bit weird.

Staying a night at my GF's parents freaked me out. We were house sitting and looking after the pets and we were sleeping and I got woken by this massive thud. At this point their door lock was broken so I was sure my ass was about to be forced open by someone here. Her dog's barking and I'm like WHAT THE FUCK. Turns out it was the coal shed door banging in the wind.

Not ghosts but along the lines of scary noises at night time.

Anyone got any creepy pasta? I've exhausted most creepypasta sites and /x/.

What's with this creepy pasta thing going on, i'm probably missing something.

My Mum just told me a story the other day about when i was younger (6 or 7 maybe), my grandad gave me a mattress for my room and at night (in my house) i kept on going through to my parents room and complaining there was a woman in my room. They just let it go until it happened every night for another week and decided to throw away the mattress away. Later they learnt that my Grandad's Mum had died in the same room where the mattress was being kept. Creeped me out for a while.

My Mum just told me a story the other day about when i was younger (6 or 7 maybe), my grandad gave me a mattress for my room and at night (in my house) i kept on going through to my parents room and complaining there was a woman in my room. They just let it go until it happened every night for another week and decided to throw away the mattress away. Later they learnt that my Grandad's Mum had died in the same room where the mattress was being kept. Creeped me out for a while.

How did yr parents connect yr woman complaint with the mattress? Or, did they throw away the mattress for another reason?

How did yr parents connect yr woman complaint with the mattress? Or, did they throw away the mattress for another reason?

They were getting rid of the mattress because they wanted to get me a new one, not keep a second hand one. They were told later on that my Grandad's Mum had died in the same place the mattress was being kept and put 2 and 2 together.

Nothing ever happened after that in terms of seeing anything in my room.

• 2 years later...
Guest Cool Thinker

25297d1309921005-intruder-recall-zombie-

Spent an hour reading through this thread again this evening. Ace thread. Anyone got anything new to add?

I bump an old thread and you lot have a go at me and close the thread. You bump a thread and you get to add a meme. #unfair

I have something to add the boarding school I used to go to was in a really old building called Falkland House and apparently it was haunted although I never seen anything.

EDIT - Peter Dow (Now Peter Dow will have a look at this thread because he is now tagged in it) no need to thank me

Edited by Cool Thinker

Guest Young Adolesent

when i stayed at my mates house a few times, we stayed up late and played x box etc, we always heard noises down stairs sounded like footsteps, somtimes it sounded like someone coming up the stairs. it really scared the shit out of me. well one night he had his neices staying a 2 year old and 4 year old. so they stayed up a bit later with us too we heard the foot steps again so i went to look because i thought id be manly plus i needed a piss. as i looked there was no one there. i came back upstairs and suddenly the lights went off. by this stage by fuck i was shitting it. the dogs were barking the kids were crying my mate was under his covers. yet again i was the one too look. i got to the bottom of the stairs and the lights came on, maybe it was just my fat ass bouncing on the floor. so i came back up stairs and then the kids say when i left a women followed me down stairs. wow id not ran under the covers fast enough. turns out a family has gased their selves in that house in the 50's or sumthin 

• Upvote 1