aberdeen-music

Faith No More.

Lemonade

They've kinda been forgotten about, which is a great shame really because for me they were on of the bands of the 90s. :rockon: 3 brilliant albums on the trot - The Real Thing, followed by Angel Dust, followed by King For A Day Fool For A Lifetime.

Occasionaly bonkers, but always original.

I remember seeing them on The Word on channel 4, where they were due to play "What A Day" and "Easy". What A Day went fine, then after being interviewed and chucking drinks over Terry Christian, they went on stage to play Easy. Roddy played the first few bars on piano, then mashed all the keys and led them into a weird cover of "I Started A Joke" by The Bee Gees. Brilliant :love:

Sad I never got to see them live, chances are I never will now, what with all the in-fighting and hair-dryer shitting incidents.

Has anyone heard Mike Patton's new project, Peeping Tom? It's very eccentric but very good, including chipmunk-style vocals, and Norah Jones saying "motherfucker". I wouldn't expect anything less from Mike Patton.

EDIT - Ooh, the Word thing is on YouTube!

YouTube - Faith No More - I Started a Joke (live The Word)

YouTube - Faith No More - Painfull interview with Terry Christian (The

YouTube - Faith No More - What A Day Live(The Word UK)

They've kinda been forgotten about, which is a great shame really because for me they were on of the bands of the 90s. :rockon: 3 brilliant albums on the trot - The Real Thing, followed by Angel Dust, followed by King For A Day Fool For A Lifetime.

Occasionaly bonkers, but always original.

I remember seeing them on The Word on channel 4, where they were due to play "What A Day" and "Easy". What A Day went fine, then after being interviewed and chucking drinks over Terry Christian, they went on stage to play Easy. Roddy played the first few bars on piano, then mashed all the keys and led them into a weird cover of "I Started A Joke" by The Bee Gees. Brilliant :love:

Sad I never got to see them live, chances are I never will now, what with all the in-fighting and hair-dryer shitting incidents.

Has anyone heard Mike Patton's new project, Peeping Tom? It's very eccentric but very good, including chipmunk-style vocals, and Norah Jones saying "motherfucker". I wouldn't expect anything less from Mike Patton.

Love them!

Also love Mr Bungle, music that can drive you insane :up:

Faith no more are fucking brilliant.

Alot of Mike Patton's off shoots have been great as well, Maldoror, Peeping Tom, the stuff he did with DEP.

Faith No More are a great band, wish they were still around.

You also missed, album of the year. What a great record.

Apparently they played the Aberdeen Student Union back in the 80s when introduce yourself just came out.

Saw them on the Album of the Year tour in Barrowlands and remains one of my all time favourite gigs.

Have since seen Fantomas at Glasgow Garage which was awesome, Mike was in total control and the band were amazing!

Saw Peeping Tom's debut gig last summer at the Dour Festival in Belgium and again he was amazing and was surrounded by great players.

Always excited to hear about his next project, much like Mark Lanegan! Check out Soulsavers and keep eyes and ears peeled for The Gutter Twins, Mark's collaboration with Greg Dulli from Afghan Whigs/Twilight Singers!

I saw them at the Ritzys gig, and they were great, but the previous gig was at the Venue, not the Union, fact fans. I want the 7" version of 'We Care A Lot' as it has an awesome solo compared to the album version, I preferred them with Big Jim sleazebag, but fair enough if he was too much of a div to be in a band with.

they played Ritzy's in the late 80s if I remember correctly.

Only saw them once - supporting Guns n' Roses (who were shite) in Gateshead around 1992. Opening band was Soundagarden....

Yup they played Ritzy's (I think with Chuck Mosley) but I missed them...saw them 3 times at the Barras with Patton though. Fantastic band

I saw them at the Ritzys gig, and they were great, but the previous gig was at the Venue, not the Union, fact fans. I want the 7" version of 'We Care A Lot' as it has an awesome solo compared to the album version, I preferred them with Big Jim sleazebag, but fair enough if he was too much of a div to be in a band with.

I have that 7" with picture cover