aberdeen-music

XBOX 360 Premium under 200

Chris

Play have dropped the price of the 360 Premium to the magic 199 mark. I'm seriously tempted now.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/659411/XBox-360-Premium-Console/Product.html

Hmmmmmmm.

How much would I get for an original xbox with a shitload of games?

halo 1, halo 2 (plus expansion), black, sims, mafia, ninja gaiden, sensible soccer, timesplitters 2, full spectrum warrior, GTA 3 + 4 double pack, Burnout 3, red dead revolver, crimson skies, heroes of the pacific plus a few others and 4 controllers?

Anyone got a rough figure?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how they can do this? The xbox arcade is coming out at the same price? The only thing I can think of is they're clearing stock before they get in the premium consoles with HDMI, as I don't have an HD telly this isn't a problem for me.

I'm getting a bit tempted as well. Are a lot of faulty Xboxs' still being sold or have they sorted that problem out now?

They should be sorted. But microsoft have extended the warranty anyway and if you do buy one that suffers the red ring of death, then I reckon by that point the HDMI ones which run cooler and have 65nm chips in them should be out. So you'll get a better console than the one that broke :up:

They should be sorted. But microsoft have extended the warranty anyway and if you do buy one that suffers the red ring of death, then I reckon by that point the HDMI ones which run cooler and have 65nm chips in them should be out. So you'll get a better console than the one that broke :up:

Unless it's actually a fault with your hard drive... then they'll just claim it's not under the warranty...

Guest Tam o' Shantie

holy shit that's relatively cheap. doesnt this one have hd out as well though? are there actually any good games for the xbox 360 or is it just boring war sims and football games?

holy shit that's relatively cheap. doesnt this one have hd out as well though? are there actually any good games for the xbox 360 or is it just boring war sims and football games?

It comes with a component HD AV cable which is slightly inferior to HDMI. The newer consoles which this is being cleared for also run quieter and cooler I think.

I want to play war sims and football games which is why I want a 360 over a Wii.

Don't they swap them if you get the RRoD?

Not sure. My mates been told its his harddrive that is the problem and microsoft are saying he just has to buy a new one. I.e. Not their problem. which will also mean he would lose all his game saves and tag (although he could recover his tag). Still seemed a bit wrong when he told em about it. Surely the hard drive should come under the warranty. o_O

Not sure. My mates been told its his harddrive that is the problem and microsoft are saying he just has to buy a new one. I.e. Not their problem. which will also mean he would lose all his game saves and tag (although he could recover his tag). Still seemed a bit wrong when he told em about it. Surely the hard drive should come under the warranty. o_O

Ah right, I thought you meant they only swap it if it's the hard drive. Sorry.

That does seem a bit dodgy. How old is it? The manufacturers guarantee should cover all aspects of the console unless it's mistreated. A hard drive shouldn't fail within a year so should be covered by warranty.

What are you gibbering about? That's complete bollocks.

I am basing my information on a 2 minute google search to see what the difference is. So it's probably wrong. Found a thread on the Stuff website which gleaned that nugget of info.

What's the difference between HD AV and HDMI then?

Ah right, I thought you meant they only swap it if it's the hard drive. Sorry.

That does seem a bit dodgy. How old is it? The manufacturers guarantee should cover all aspects of the console unless it's mistreated. A hard drive shouldn't fail within a year so should be covered by warranty.

I said that to him. But apparantly the call centre staff aren't budging on it. No matter how much he shouts/crys.

"REPLACE MY HARDRIVE!!!"

"No."

"Please..?"

Damn microsoft.

I am basing my information on a 2 minute google search to see what the difference is. So it's probably wrong. Found a thread on the Stuff website which gleaned that nugget of info.

What's the difference between HD AV and HDMI then?

HD AV is a type of cable that allows you to connect to a monitor/TV using a VGA/component style connection (VGA is also better than Component in most cases). I should also point out that these cables have an audio connection with them (usually twin RCA-for stereo).

HDMI is also better than that. Anyway, you can't really compare these connections as HDMI carries sound and also supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD and various other forms of audio signal whereas Component and VGA don't send and Audio at all. A truer comparison would be between those and DV-I and DV-I would still win.

In theory HDMI (DV-I) will always be a better signal as it is a digital signal that is being sent whereas the other alternatives are all analogue and due to signal variance are more prone to error than a true digital signal. However, there are squillions of things to take into consideration such as the nature of the video signal, what the native output is and whether any scaling is being done, what frame rate the equipment that you are using supports and what frame rate the media is outputting. Quality of leads is very important as well.

Guest Neutral
a wii won't break it has Nintendo written on it

but 199 for premium xbox 360 now i'm buying one for sure

duh duh duh duh thats not what i asked, nintendo stuff does break, does anyone know the warranty period of a wii?

the reliability of the 360's have been greatly increased since launch. there are games out there which aren't based on shooting and football like viva pinata which is ace. if you like wargames then even better as the 360 has tons of great ones. there's a load of great rpg's available too like blue dragon and eternal sonata.

199 is a great price for a premium console. i've never came close to filling the hard drive of my premium and quite happily use a vga cable and a crt monitor to get hd gaming without shelling out loads of cash on an hd tv.

So I've spent the last day looking at bundles online to see if I could beat the play offer for value. The best one I've seen so far is 259 for 360 Premium with Forza 2, Smackdown vs Raw 2007 and an extra wireless controller.

If I buy the play console + a game (probably Halo) + a wired controller I'm looking at 257.

Anyone know of any other good bundles or do any of the gamestation/other retailers staff that post here know of anything good coming up in the next few weeks for christmas?