aberdeen-music

From Autumn To Ashes play Moshulu

Chris

FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES ANNOUNCE 2008 UK TOUR !!!

Long Island rockers FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES have just announced a string of UK dates as part of a full European Tour to start at the beginning of next year...starting 2008 as they mean to go on!

The New York quartet will be hitting our fair isle at the end of January bringing their unique brand of post-hardcore to our shores.

Catch them at one of the following:

thu 31-Jan-08 Yeovil Orange Box

fri 01-Feb-08 Birmingham Academy 2

sat 02-Feb-08 Nottingham Rock City

mon 04-Feb-08 Sheffield Corporation

tue 05-Feb-08 Leeds Cockpit

wed06-Feb-08 Glasgow King Tuts

thu 07-Feb-08 Aberdeen Moshulu

fri 08-Feb-08 Newcastle Academy 2

sat 09-Feb-08 Manchester Academy 3

mon 11-Feb-08 Oxford Zodiac

tue 12-Feb-08 London Islington Academy

Which reminds me I never picked up the last album with the drummer singing, anyone know if it was better than the mediocre Abandon Your Friends?

Their first two albums are good, but to my ears are lacking on the production front. The third album "Abandon Your Friends" was nowhere near as good but the production was a lot better, so i'm with Chris on that. I heard the most recent one when it was streaming on myspace and the production was good and the songs were better. Might take them a while to get the most out of their current line-up though. I'll definitely be heading down to Moshulu to see them though.

The gigs i'm more excited about at Moshulu in the near future are:

Captain: November 17th (Eddison are supporting so it should be quite a good line-up)

Alexisonfire: November 22nd

Shai Hulud: December 4th

and i'm quite interested in:

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster: 12th Jan

i'll defo be going to this only heard the last 2 albums and they are both decent have to say abandon your friends is a shit hot album imo :)

Get their first album (Too Bad You're Beautiful), you'll understand why I thought that one was mediocre then.

Quite fancy the My Ruin gig on the 22nd Jan, seemingly the new material is pretty good.

Woah. I listened to the first Tura Satana / Manhole album for the first time in years a few months ago. That's a nu metal album that hasn't aged well at all. Utter shite.

Woah. I listened to the first Tura Satana / Manhole album for the first time in years a few months ago. That's a nu metal album that hasn't aged well at all. Utter shite.

Hey! "Venus Diablo" was a cracking tune! I don't think that's on the first album though. And that song was a diamond in a big, massive pile of shit it has to be said.

Hey! "Venus Diablo" was a cracking tune! I don't think that's on the first album though. And that song was a diamond in a big, massive pile of shit it has to be said.

"6 Feet Deep" was the best song on the first album I think. I even figured out how to play it at one point.

I think the best thing about them was that Will Haven were the tour support when they played the Lemon Tree.

• 4 weeks later...

Tour has been postponed as they're going to be the support for Hundred Reasons in January

*******************************************************************************************************

FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES - VERY SPECIAL GUESTS FOR HUNDRED REASONS !!

*******************************************************************************************************

Long Island rockers FROM AUTUMN TO ASHES have been invited to be Very Special Guests on Hundred Reasons' up-coming tour throughout January!!

Announced exclusively on Radio One's Rock Show last night, the quintet from New York are delighted to have been offered the position, though it has meant the postponement of their own UK tour which had been scheduled for February.

However, this tour promised to be far too much fun for the lads to have considered passing up....."we're stoked to have been asked and can't wait to hit the road with these guys - aswell as coming to say hello to all of our friends on the other side of the ocean!" Fran, Vocals.

Catch them at one of the following:

Fri 11-Jan Exeter, Lemon Grove

Sat 12-Jan Cardiff, The Point

Sun 13-Jan Plymouth, The Hub

Mon 14-Jan Southampton, Uni

Tue 15-Jan Brighton, Concorde II

Thu 17-Jan Wolverhampton, Wulfrun

Fri 18-Jan Manchester, MDH

Sat 19-Jan Glasgow, QMU

Sun 20-Jan Leeds, Cockpit

Mon 21-Jan Newcastle, Academy II

Wed 23-Jan London, Astoria