aberdeen-music

Ross Noble - Vue Cinema

Thomas Banacek

From Yesterday's P&J

CINEMA-GOERS LEFT DISAPPOINTED AFTER COMEDY LINK-UP FAILS TO GET OFF GROUND

08:50 - 22 October 2007

About 200 cinema-goers in Aberdeen were left disappointed last night after technical problems prevented a live comedy show being brought to them.

A packed auditorium at Vue Cinema at Shiprow had been expecting to see acclaimed comedian Ross Noble performing from Newcastle.

However, they were faced with a blank screen as a result of problems with the satellite link up.

The show was due to be broadcast to Vue cinemas across the UK, although last night it was unclear if only Aberdeen suffered technical problems.

The cinema provided refunds to all those who attended, as well as a free ticket for a film of their choice.

Among the audience was Mark McDonald, councillor for Dyce, Bucksburn and Danestone, who left at 9.15pm, an hour and 15 minutes after the show had started in Newcastle.

He said: "I stayed in the hope of seeing the second half of the show, but it became more and more clear that it was not going to happen.

"It was quite surreal. The cinema was packed but there was just nothing happening.

"There were a lot of disappointed people at the venue."

No one could be contacted at Vue last night.

Aside from the fact the show was in Liverpool, that must have been a real bummer for the folks who went to see the gig.

OK, so they got their money back and a complimentary ticket to a movie, but it's not really much of a substitute for a good night's comedy.

Nae drawers involved

I pulled it aff the face o some huge American , aye, him and his mates might hae big muscles and drive Harleys, but they hae tiny cocks and are probably a bumming each other as we speak. They are nae match for my Ninja moves and Kendo Nagasaki sleeper move.

I am available to train cats to attack bearded button accordianists and accoustic guitarists.

Elvis costume optional.

eLVISMAP0015_thumb.jpgeLVISMAP0015.jpg