aberdeen-music

ZOMBIE-ZOMBIE (france, Versatile Records) @ SNAFU MON 17TH DEC

Dizzy Storm

620380537_838ea19777.jpg

ZOMBIE-ZOMBIE IS A CRAZY SCIENTIST AND MUSICAL PROJECT BASED IN PARIS, LEAD BY TWO PEOPLE, PROFESSOR ETIENNE JAUMET AND COSMICNEMAN (FROM HERMAN DUNE) USING SOUND AND RYTHM TO EXPLORE THE FEELING OF A FEAR GROWING DEEP INSIDE OF YOU.

LISTENING TO THEIR MUSIC, YOU WILL GO THRU DIFFERENT EMOTIONAL STAGES, WHEN THEY PLAY WITH THE ANALOG EFFECTS OF INSTRUMENTS LIKE THEREMIN, KEYBOARDS, OR SPACE ECHO TAPE DELAY PEDAL. AND ALSO THE PROVOCATIVE DRUMMING AND THE SCREAMS WILL MAKE YOUR HEART BEAT FASTER, LIKE IN A HORROR MOVIE, WHEN YOU CAR WONT START, AND SOMEONES TRYING TO KILL YOU!

THIS IS THE KIND OF FEELINGS, THIS TWO PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO REPRODUCE IN THEIR MUSIC, ALSO INSPIRED BY HORROR MOVIES SOUNDTRACKS FROM GEORGE ROMERO, JOHN CARPENTER, AND MUSIC FROM BANDS LIKE THE GOBLIN, SUICIDE, RAYMOND SCOTT, SILVER APPLES OR CAN.

AFTER THEIR FIRST RELEASE ON THE PARISIAN RECORD LABEL BOOMBOMTCHAK RECORDS ONLY VINYL, THEYVE JUST WORKED ON A NEW ALBUM FOR THE FRENCH ELECTRONIC MUSIC LABEL VERSATILE.

MySpace.com - zombie-zombie - - Psychedelic / Experimental / Japanese Classic Music - www.myspace.com/therealzombiezombie

THIS SHOW WILL BE IN CONJUNCTION WITH SNAFU LIVE & ELECTRIQUE BOUTIQUE with Giles Walker WITH ZOMBIE-ZOMBIE APPEARING FRESH FROM THEIR OPTIMO APPEARANCE IN GLASGOW

we (hopefully) have a few things up our sleeves for this show which we will announce along the way ;):up:

• 1 month later...

coupla things.......the ZOMBIE-ZOMBIE performance is now gonna be pushed back a bit into the Electrique Boutique clubnight which starts at 10pm.....estimated stage time of 11.30pm.....

also look out for the Zombie-Zombie interview in the brand new Snafu Magazine, out now, which is splendid by the way!!!

4/3 entry ....fresh from their Optimo appearance the night before

• 2 weeks later...

i know its a monday night n all, and they wont be on till midnight but anyone thats on the go/out on a works/uni xmas night out then you'd be a fool not to pop along and catch the mighty Zombie-Zombie

...also, monday 17th is the launch night of the new Snafu Magazine which will be happening from 8 onwards in the club, and features an interview with ZZ themselves...those of you lucky enough to have an invitation will, in addition to complimentary drinks, get free entry to Electrique Boutique thus able to catch Zombie-Zombie...woop....in fact i *may* be able to get my hands on a couple invitations if anyone's interested ;)

contact me if you're interested and i'll see what i can do :)