aberdeen-music

Scientists prove the bible is 100% factually accurate.

Lemonade

So I was told by the two Jehovas Witnesses who came to my door this morning and woke me up. It just happened recently as well. You'd think something like that would have been on the news wouldn't you? Or at least buried on page 27 in one of the newspapers.

Thankfully these two guys have decided to spread the news on foot, and via their publication "The Watchtower", which I think will be replacing the Times as my first source for accurate unbiased news. In other news, the second coming is now only a couple of years away (as predicted in the bible - along with World War 1), so best get busy praying guys.

Reverend Elwood :angel:

I usually enjoy finding new and interesting ways to get rid of them quickly, but I'd just woken up this morning and they were 2 nice old men so I was polite enough to them, except when I compared them to Nazi Germany.

Made the mistake of taking their stupid magazine thing so they'll probably be back every night next week.

Oh, I dunno, they said that it's going to be a couple of years till the kingdom of heaven arrives on earth and we all live happily ever after. I just assumed they were talking about that second coming thing. I'm spectacularly dense about religion to be honest - tho not quite dense enough to believe in it.

I had a nice little old lady come to my door...and I chatted with her (she also had a young girl with her (16/7)...

I said:

"don't you feel a bit put out, by supporting a fundamentally sexist and patriarchal belief system?"

"women were made to compliment man's good work".

I just laughed..."they've got you good and proper!"

I also started going on that the bible is written by man, so therefore is subject to falability. To which the lady said "no, it is written by god's hand...through men"

"ah, those 'men' that told people they were acting on god's will"...how convenient...

I'd also said, that if any such prophet were to say that today (or even if "jesus" was to return)...no one would believe them, not even the jehovas.

it's all a load of shite, we all know that...it's just about control and power.

they'll always exist.

I would like to have a time machine to ping 1000000 years intot the future, to see if Creationists still parp on about how evolution is rubbish...(if man still exists then)!

I had them round a couple of days ago. It went like this. "Hi, I was wondering if you live each day like its your last?". Me- "Im not interested". The lady.. "Oh ok, well I respect your beliefs". Me- "great because I don't respect your beliefs"

Bloodtransfusiontastic.

two ladies rolled up at my house earlier while the dons game was on. i answered because i thought it might be one of the hot bitches from downstairs. they gave me an informative pamphlet called 'does god really care about us?'

it turns out that he does. despite all the crazy shit going on in the world. it's good to know that.

/x

I had 2 old ladies round a while back, it was obvious i had just gotten up and they were polite enough to ask if i wanted the watchtower and just leave immediately.

but man if you go onto christian chat rooms and question the bible and corner them to where they lose all logic in there arguement, usually their answer comes to "god planned it that way"

"oh right sorry i was under the belief that he didn't even exist and you are indeed speakin crap"

*you are permanently banned from the forum inder this ISP"

of course, a quick change to the ISP and i'm back on to anny the shit out them haha

sad, i know

I had 2 old ladies round a while back, it was obvious i had just gotten up and they were polite enough to ask if i wanted the watchtower and just leave immediately.

but man if you go onto christian chat rooms and question the bible and corner them to where they lose all logic in there arguement, usually their answer comes to "god planned it that way"

"oh right sorry i was under the belief that he didn't even exist and you are indeed speakin crap"

*you are permanently banned from the forum inder this ISP"

of course, a quick change to the ISP and i'm back on to anny the shit out them haha

sad, i know

That's almost as bad as Jehovah's witnesses bombarding people themselves. Fair enough they may believe in a load of illogical bollocks but there's no need to slag the shit out of them for it. Leave them be. What if there faith is the one thing they cling to and you sit and pick at it and slag it? I sure as fuck dont think that's fair.

That's almost as bad as Jehovah's witnesses bombarding people themselves. Fair enough they may believe in a load of illogical bollocks but there's no need to slag the shit out of them for it. Leave them be. What if there faith is the one thing they cling to and you sit and pick at it and slag it? I sure as fuck dont think that's fair.

it's fun though, i only did it to see what if they had any logical responces to questions about life etc. i knew i would be shot down first chance someone got on this site grrrrrr, it's no wonder the sites almost dead, everyone is just out to criticise each others comments

yeah, sometimes i think it can be hard to justify what you believe in. sometimes people believe just because they need SOMETHING you know?!

think of it this way, for me this is the case anyway...in most cases I can explain to someone why I like the music that I like, or why a certain song sticks out for me as being particualrly fantastic. i love the way the guitar sounds, the lyrics are meaningful, the drumming is tight as fuck, its catchy, its uplifting, its moving, its beautiful, etc, etc. but then sometimes, i just cant explain why i like something. its just like, this feeling, i like it BECAUSE i like it. does that even make sense?! does anybody understand what i mean?!

maybe its just me. but in that vein, i can understand why a lot of people are spiritual or religious, even if they cant justify that belief. i think for the most part, people realise that the bible is supposed to be metaphorical. it isnt intended to be taken literally. but if people really believe in it. let them be. its a matter of opinion at the end of the day. "do you believe in god?" "yes" "why? its not possible that he exists/did this/did that" "but it is" "but its not" "but it is"......."do you like the spice girls" "yes" "why? theyre crap" "no theyre not" "yes they are" "but theyre not" "OOOHH but they are"

Leave them be. What if there faith is the one thing they cling to and you sit and pick at it and slag it? I sure as fuck dont think that's fair.

So maybe in return we can expect them to stop pitching-up on other sites & posting their offensive, judgmental sky-pixie-bothering crap & bothering other posters there then?

No, I thought not - seems their belief system requires it. :(

IME, religious sites also tend to ban long before there is even an argument.

So maybe in return we can expect them to stop pitching-up on other sites & posting their offensive, judgmental sky-pixie-bothering crap & bothering other posters there then?

No, I thought not - seems their belief system requires it. :(

IME, religious sites also tend to ban long before there is even an argument.

thats true about the banning thing but i think there was one where they allowed to continue arguements until they got offensive then they had to be taken into another room to continue arguing.

they are mostly brainwashed and some will admit it. they were mostly americans forced into going to church from a very young age, and when told they were not given a choice of whether they wanted to believe it in because they were forced to listen from very young, they simply say "but I would have believed anyway"

likely story