aberdeen-music

radiohead are rubbish

Stripey

mytrip passed us a link to a Wired article indcating that if music industry estimates are correct Radiohead has made as much as $10 million on the 'In Rainbows' album so far. This despite the estimates of widespread piracy of the album as well. "[The estimate assumes] that approximately 1.2 million people downloaded the album from the site, and that the average price paid per album was $8 (we heard that number too, but also heard that a later, more accurate average was $5, which would result in $6 million in revenue instead).

i hate radiohead

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Giles Walker

I hate Oasis more than Radiohead.

Oasis fans to me are neddy, wannabe mod/football casual minks with a basic grasp of the english language.

And they probably vote bnp

And read the daily mail

I reckon the only reason Oasis are so rich is because their fans are too stupid to figure out how to download their albums.

I also hate Quavers, i nearly choked on one once.

Guest Giles Walker

However check this Bmore remix of everything in its right place

It does damage on the dancefloor

Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place (Dj Technics Remix)

I went to the Radiohead gig back in 97 to see Dj Shadow and in total there were no more than 15 of us watching Dj Shadow play everyone else was at the other end of the hall waiting for Radiohead to start.

Good times

However check this Bmore remix of everything in its right place

It does damage on the dancefloor

Radiohead - Everything In Its Right Place (Dj Technics Remix)

I went to the Radiohead gig back in 97 to see Dj Shadow and in total there were no more than 15 of us watching Dj Shadow play everyone else was at the other end of the hall waiting for Radiohead to start.

Good times

I was watching DJ Shadow!

Oasis fans to me are neddy, wannabe mod/football casual minks

As a side issue to Stripey's tossosity, do you actually know what a football casual is?

And Stripey - well done, you're a one man counter culture movement. Just like every 14 year-old with a Che Guevara t-shirt who sticks it to the man (their parents) by playing their Rage albums too loud. Or George Galloway with no impressive facial hair.

Guest Giles Walker

No offence but if everyone who has said they were watching that show was really there it would have been mobbed.

So i'm afraid your going to have to forgive me if i have my suspicions regarding this gig.

I recall one of my school friends came over to see what all the fuss was about and ended up being interviewed for, i think, melody maker. He gave the most retarded answers ever and i was so pissed off they hadn't asked me.

He was all "yeah i'm kinda into my dancey stuff like dj shadow as well as stuff like the verve, you know?"

Shudder

Guest Giles Walker
As a side issue to Stripey's tossosity, do you actually know what a football casual is?

I was really just trying to rile up some response really, although those guys owe a great deal stylistically to the fashions of the casual.

I once read an interview with Noel that was just about his vintage Adidas trainer collection.

I was really tempted to just respond with

Of course i know what a football casual is, i have seen football factory and that film with Elijah Wood and the guy from Queer As Folk

But i figured i'd probably be hanged

I was really just trying to rile up some response really, although those guys owe a great deal stylistically to the fashions of the casual.

I once read an interview with Noel that was just about his vintage Adidas trainer collection.

I was really tempted to just respond with

Of course i know what a football casual is, i have seen football factory and that film with Elijah Wood and the guy from Queer As Folk

haha fair enough. I get the connection between Oasis and idiocy like, just nae sure it's fair to generalise...Oasis fans include many different types of idiot ;)

No offence but if everyone who has said they were watching that show was really there it would have been mobbed.

So i'm afraid your going to have to forgive me if i have my suspicions regarding this gig.

I recall one of my school friends came over to see what all the fuss was about and ended up being interviewed for, i think, melody maker. He gave the most retarded answers ever and i was so pissed off they hadn't asked me.

He was all "yeah i'm kinda into my dancey stuff like dj shadow as well as stuff like the verve, you know?"

Shudder

I was there I promise. I'd never even heard of DJ Shadow at the time, but I was there watching!

They are overrated. I've heard all their albums, and have yet to identify a single original idea or concept in their craft. They have a few nice tunes, but they can most charitably be described as entry-level avant garde in an indie friendly suit.

...and can you give us a list of your favourite bands that have created something of a "new sound"...(not going back 10...20 years) ?

I think that Radiohead are great, in that they do provide an "in" for people to discover such classics as the warp back catalogue.

I like some of the sounds Radiohead make. I like the design around everything they do. I like what Thom Yorke stands for.

It's always the British way, to hate something that becomes popular.

but, there are always going to be negative and positive people in this world.

And of course, Stipley only started this thread to stir it up (successfully....as usual).

I reckon the only reason Oasis are so rich is because their fans are too stupid to figure out how to download their albums.

Haha, could be on to something there. I reckon there's a few folk out there whose only CDs are Oasis albums, maybe a couple of Stone Roses ones thrown in for variety.

I too find Radiohead deppressingly boring. They've a couple of decent tunes but on the whole I dinna get it.