aberdeen-music

Broadford Factory Tagged!

GrUndl

Recently, Broadford factory has become a playground for local tag artists.

I decided to take photos of them and display them here, in honor of the

crazy cats who spray them. (in case any of the artists see this and object for

any reason, PM me.)

th.154901d0c1.jpg

th.88460bdcb7.jpg

Nice one, to whoever is responsible!

These are the only pics I have so far. If anyone would like to contribute please do! I'll add more myself when I can.

GrUndl :gringo:

To be honest it looks horrible.

Are you referring to the chimney or the one on Bedford road?

I think it looks sweet, perhaps a giant love heart would be

appropriate :jester: You try climbing up there and painting some

"fine art"

To SpanishArmada, if you can be assed take a pic of it and post it up here,

this thread need some more colour!

:gringo:

by the way, another reason I decided to post it, is that the only place

I can think of where anyone can see it is from where I was, (which

wasn't the street).

See i think tagging is shite. They should be allowed some urban sites for proper graff art.

it's not proper if it's on a legal wall, defeats the purpose really. Just look at the state of the back of the garthdee ski slope if u want to see how shit a legal wall can be.

I quite like seeing well executed tags on random bits of street furniture, it means more than some cheesy stencil.

it's not proper if it's on a legal wall, defeats the purpose really. Just look at the state of the back of the garthdee ski slope if u want to see how shit a legal wall can be.

I quite like seeing well executed tags on random bits of street furniture, it means more than some cheesy stencil.

I'm not saying that they should hold clubs for these guys to show up at an alloted time and tag things. More areas where it's ok and they can't be prosecuted for it. I'm not talking about fucking murals for gods sake.

I disagree.

I know! Let me change what a said slightly. In a place where it is allowed then the impact is slightly different.

An image can still be striking and mean something but at the same it's in a place where you'd expect to see it.

If you are walking down the street and you notice a tag or something in an unusual place, it adds a different

element to it.

All that matters really though, and I think you were probably getting at this, is that it looks good!

I would be interested to know why exactly you disagree though. Cos you kinda cut your argument short with

two word reply!

At least we have a similar taste in movies! :up:

I know! Let me change what a said slightly. In a place where it is allowed then the impact is slightly different.

An image can still be striking and mean something but at the same it's in a place where you'd expect to see it.

If you are walking down the street and you notice a tag or something in an unusual place, it adds a different

element to it.

All that matters really though, and I think you were probably getting at this, is that it looks good!

I would be interested to know why exactly you disagree though. Cos you kinda cut your argument short with

two word reply!

At least we have a similar taste in movies! :up:

Yeah, i do know where you are coming from with that and that's what i thought you'd meant. At the same time if there wasn't such a public hoo ha about it and it was in places where the general public could be allowed to appreciate it graff art could be a lot more globally accepted as a legitimate art form (which in my opinion, it is) rather than a drain on taxpayers money and a cause of upset to locals etc.

I just feel that this form of art doesn't do itself any favours, which is a shame as for the most part graffiti is a very interesting and sometimes awe inspiring medium.

And yes, Blade Runner is an amazing movie :)