aberdeen-music

The Replacements

Is anyone else a fan?

A while back, after reading numerous articles about how "Let it Be" was one of the best albums of the 80's, I went and bought it. I was thoroughly unimpressed. It sounded okay, but it was hardly anything exceptional. Then, after a few more listens I got it, this album is amazing! 16 Blue, Answering Machine, Androgynous, Unsatisfied and Seen Your video are all excellent songs.

I've went out and bought "Hootenanny" and "Sorry Ma, forgot to take out the trash," which are both quite good, but not on par with "Let it Be." They could be one of the most ramshackle bands I've ever listened to, but in a good way.

Should I investigate further into their back catalogue?

Is anyone else a fan?

A while back, after reading numerous articles about how "Let it Be" was one of the best albums of the 80's, I went and bought it. I was thoroughly unimpressed. It sounded okay, but it was hardly anything exceptional. Then, after a few more listens I got it, this album is amazing! 16 Blue, Answering Machine, Androgynous, Unsatisfied and Seen Your video are all excellent songs.

I've went out and bought "Hootenanny" and "Sorry Ma, forgot to take out the trash," which are both quite good, but not on par with "Let it Be." They could be one of the most ramshackle bands I've ever listened to, but in a good way.

Should I investigate further into their back catalogue?

A guy who saw Flaming Katy recently said he thought we must have been heavily influenced by the Replacements. I still haven't listened to them to see where he's coming from......but now you mention ramshackle maybe he has a point?! Gie's a lendy min.

A guy who saw Flaming Katy recently said he thought we must have been heavily influenced by the Replacements. I still haven't listened to them to see where he's coming from......but now you mention ramshackle maybe he has a point?! Gie's a lendy min.

Hmm, I don't see that much of a connection between Flaming Katy and the Replacements really. For a start, it sounds like you lot actually rehearse.

I can give you a swatch of Let it Be if you like. I would give it do Dave, but it would probably get lost in the abyss like my Project: Ven Hell CD.

Hmm, I don't see that much of a connection between Flaming Katy and the Replacements really. For a start, it sounds like you lot actually rehearse.

I can give you a swatch of Let it Be if you like. I would give it do Dave, but it would probably get lost in the abyss like my Project: Ven Hell CD.

The box and the CD will be somewhere in his flat, probably not together, but they'll be there. Aye if you could gies a shotty that would be magic, you can trust me with your possessions.

I've heard some Paul Westerberg stuff which I thought was ok but I beleive it's quite different than the replacements stuff.

I've been listening to Let It Be again a lot recently, didn't know that Peter Buck played on it until a few days ago! Thanks Wikipedia. The other Replacements stuff I've heard is really patchy - but thankfully Let It Be is near perfect.

He did? Did he play the mandolin on I Will Dare perhaps?

Edit: I should add that I think Let It Be is a pretty good album, although at first I found it hard to like songs like Gary's Got a Boner.