aberdeen-music

Building a Theremin?

black_matter

You can buy a moog etherwave kit for 200 quid,

Moog Etherwave Kit

or a finished one for another 50

Yeah I know, but would the circuit diagram on that site ive found cost more or less than that? That's what I was really looking to know. I don't really want to buy a kit that's got all the instruction and pieces and just shows you how to do it, I really would like the challenge of buying all the parts and making it off my own back.

Yeah I know, but would the circuit diagram on that site ive found cost more or less than that? That's what I was really looking to know. I don't really want to buy a kit that's got all the instruction and pieces and just shows you how to do it, I really would like the challenge of buying all the parts and making it off my own back.

Yeah it would be considerably cheaper, looks fairly simple, the only real chore would be designing and etching a pcb or working out a stripboard layout....but you might be able to find one on the net somwhere...

Yeah it would be considerably cheaper, looks fairly simple, the only real chore would be designing and etching a pcb or working out a stripboard layout....but you might be able to find one on the net somwhere...

From the specs can you tell if it would be a decent theremin? what i'm essentially looking for is just something to make some real spacy noises. Any ideas where I could get help with a stripboard layout on the net?

Edit: Found a bloody good site on stripboard layouts.

i looked into buildin a theremin a few years ago, found loads of circuit diagrams on the net but apparently the hardest bit is "tuning" the ariel, i never found any explinations on how to do it! probably never get it finished either, i'v been buildin a delay/flange pedal for the last 3 years!! :sleeping:

here a couple of links to stuff i was lookin at if you'v not seen them yourself before:

Topopiccione Electronics Inc. - Topopiccione Invisible Touch

Theremin World