aberdeen-music

CRT TVs for old consoles

Le Stu

I suppose this is a question based on a hypothetical future scenario when I'm not completely broke, but:

What local electronics store could sell me a 4:3 aspect ratio tube box that can handle PAL/NTSC, possibly even 480p (which would need component inputs as far as I can tell,) and the usual RF/SCART/composite inputs?

I've got a US Model 2 Saturn and a US slimline PS2, and a TV someone seems to have placed a large speaker on at some point, resulting in some serious colour distortion. TRIPPY! Not very fun...

I have scoped out the Goodmans things Comet are flogging, but they look crap, so any tips?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I'm not sure if i understand the question, but if you're just looking for a crt tv, you'll find hundreds of reasonably sized ones for fuck all on scotads or anything like that.

I'm not sure if i understand the question, but if you're just looking for a crt tv, you'll find hundreds of reasonably sized ones for fuck all on scotads or anything like that.

That's probably what I'll end up doing, but I know if I ask the average person if it has such and such a feature, they'll just look at me blankly. Plus, shops deliver!

Old consoles can tend to look like shite on lukadehtehvs, which is why I'm looking for the kurt.

That's probably what I'll end up doing, but I know if I ask the average person if it has such and such a feature, they'll just look at me blankly. Plus, shops deliver!

Old consoles can tend to look like shite on lukadehtehvs, which is why I'm looking for the kurt.

We (Bruce Millers) sell ex-rental TVs. You can get a fairly decent 28" CRT for around 89 + 10 delivery and we will know the answers to your questions.

Cheers, I'll pop along when I'm feeling a wee bit richer :up:

We have smaller sets for cheaper prices too. I will point out that the 28" is a widescreen as i noticed that you were specifically looking for a 4:3 set.

Give me a list of the spec that you are looking for and i'll have a look for something for you tomorrow and let you know what we've got. It'll give me something to do over my 11hr shift :up:

We have smaller sets for cheaper prices too. I will point out that the 28" is a widescreen as i noticed that you were specifically looking for a 4:3 set.

Give me a list of the spec that you are looking for and i'll have a look for something for you tomorrow and let you know what we've got. It'll give me something to do over my 11hr shift :up:

I currently have 37p :laughing: but should you get bored on your shift:

Somewhere between a 21" and 28" (depends how big the back is) that ideally has a flatscreen, at least one RGB capable SCART (for colour NTSC.) If you have one that does (480p) progressive scan and component input then that would be bloody amazing, but I don't know if non-HDTVs do that. Freeview is nice.

Maybe I should bump this in times of money...