aberdeen-music

Direct telephone number to bt?

Guest Neutral

The other week I had a fault with my line. Every time I tried to phone their fault line to report it it would hang up on me once I got through all the "push 1 for" crap.

Eventually I phoned customer services and reported the fault with the fault line (after checking my phone was fine by calling someone else for 10 minutes) then asked to be put directly through to a living person at the fault line and got put through to the queue again! Useless bastards.

I hate these bastards - it's taken them 7 weeks to switch on my line so far, and it's still not working! Can you get line rental from anyone else? I know you can get if from NTL, but do you need to take their broadband too?

Now I hate BT as much as the next person, but when my phone line was buggered a couple of months back I went online to report it. The site told me that it was a fault with them right away by testing my line, they gave me a date a couple of days into the future that they would fix it on but then they fixed it 2 days early. I was pretty shocked at getting decent service out of them for once.

Now I hate BT as much as the next person, but when my phone line was buggered a couple of months back I went online to report it. The site told me that it was a fault with them right away by testing my line, they gave me a date a couple of days into the future that they would fix it on but then they fixed it 2 days early. I was pretty shocked at getting decent service out of them for once.

Yeah to be fair when I reported the original fault with my line it was detected online and fixed before I got home from work that day. So it's not all bad, just don't phone them up.

Strangely they sent me a letter this week asking how my new call provider was and if I wanted to come back to BT. But I never left BT, they ARE my call provider.

Guest Neutral

Strangely they sent me a letter this week asking how my new call provider was and if I wanted to come back to BT. But I never left BT, they ARE my call provider.

check that because its not unknown for some unscrupulous companies - talk talk, orange to do it without asking you

I hate these bastards - it's taken them 7 weeks to switch on my line so far, and it's still not working! Can you get line rental from anyone else? I know you can get if from NTL, but do you need to take their broadband too?

NTL don't exist anymore, it's now Virgin Media since the merger with Telewest a few months ago. They don't have any cable infrastructure in Aberdeen (Atlantic went bust after NTL/Telewest stopped buying up cable franchises) - so all you can get from them is calls+ADSL in Aberdeen.

But yeah, to answer the question, you can get line rental from other companies, using BT's infrastructure. I'm not sure who actually offers such a service apart from Talktalk and Orange though.

Guest Neutral
Ha Ha, some things never change, I used to work for 151 faults, and I fuckin hated it, especially those 150 bastards trying to dump their calls on me, get it up them.

Yeh i hated it when the res faults people shoved their "difficult to deal with" customers through to 154

Guest Neutral
Ha Ha, you talkin bout me!!?, Aye. Shove yer Platinum Care. BT say one thing (customer Care is THE most important part of the job), Do another (you are taking too long helping the customers), iniquitous scum.

ah I worked there for just over 2.5 years and never had a complaint, only had one hero :( excellent tw time too o_O wtf

I've just been sent a bill for 70 from these fuckers for cancelling my line, even though I explicitly told the guy not to cancel it if I'll be charged! I've now been waiting two months to get a line connected, and I've not received a response from any complaints yet. Though I did get an email saying it may take a while because they're really busy with people signing up to broadband... So the complaints dept are signing people up to broadband...?