aberdeen-music

Favourite Ever Aberdeen band.

Lemonade

Who would you cite as your favourite ever band from right here in The Granite City?

There's been some beauties over the years. Psycho-A-Go-Go, My Decaying Leg, Edgar Prais, Black Atom, Gloria Flaw, Stacatto Set, The Rocketeers, Karloff, Hot Mangu, 7 Stone Under, Deadloss Muthafucking Superstar.....

But who's your favourite?

Erradicate, Ruptured Spleen and Bodies to name the ones I love that are no longer kicking about.

Bodies were nae bad, my mate Wilson played guitar for them. He is doing all this weird folky tribal stuff now, it's brilliant, but about a million miles away from Bodies!

MySpace.com - Wilson Noble - Edinburgh, Scotland - Acoustic / Folk / Roots Music - www.myspace.com/wilsonnoble

"Scotland’s very own sunshine troubadour, Wilson Noble is the brightest new addition to the singer/songwriting world. Blending traditional folk, bluegrass, blues, acoustic rock and even hints of heavy metal Wilson’s unique sound also incorporates a modern and vibrant spirituality with a reflective and powerful musical message for times of chaos and confusion. Despite offering a distinctively fresh and contemporary style, his crafted guitar work presents the audience with a stripped down, organic connection to the world, and his outstanding vocal strength grips the attention of the listener and the heart of the believer.”

Bodies were nae bad, my mate Wilson played guitar for them. He is doing all this weird folky tribal stuff now, it's brilliant, but about a million miles away from Bodies!

MySpace.com - Wilson Noble - Edinburgh, Scotland - Acoustic / Folk / Roots Music - www.myspace.com/wilsonnoble

"Scotlands very own sunshine troubadour, Wilson Noble is the brightest new addition to the singer/songwriting world. Blending traditional folk, bluegrass, blues, acoustic rock and even hints of heavy metal Wilsons unique sound also incorporates a modern and vibrant spirituality with a reflective and powerful musical message for times of chaos and confusion. Despite offering a distinctively fresh and contemporary style, his crafted guitar work presents the audience with a stripped down, organic connection to the world, and his outstanding vocal strength grips the attention of the listener and the heart of the believer.

Aye, Wilson is a good good friend my fine self as well.

There's a band that have still to play called Montmartre that I really quite like. Hopefully this encourages something...

Apart from that-

Edgar Prais

The Jinx (and the Void when they were kicking about)

Copy Haho

The Xcerts

Kitchen Cynics

My favourite of those is probably the Xcerts- alas for they are in Brighton or some place are they not?

There's a band that have still to play called Montmartre that I really quite like. Hopefully this encourages something...

Thank you very much, the whole thing has been marred with line-up changes, role changes and general misfortune, but something will emerge. Thank you to all the people who have heard us and been very kind, apologies for the delays.

As for my answer, Psycho A Go-Go still sit at the top for me. They were brilliant, passionate and rocked like a beautiful earthquake.

The X-Certs, although they've relocated, are and always will be a local band to me. I think they are fantastic and destined for huge things, and I'm proud to call them friends.

The local band that stands out most for me at the moment are Edgar Prais, I saw them live recently and they are just on a different level to most of what else is going on at the moment. They've already written several songs that could be bona fide classic Indie-Pop gems and they play with proper conviction in what they're doing. The lyrics are incredible.

That would make you and Edgar Prais a very good pair, then. Please keep me informed. I'd play Asleep At The Wake on my radio show given I had a copy I could stick on a c.d. I swear that's one of the best songs I heard this Spring.

Thanks, you can download it off MySpace now if you wish to do so and stick it on a CD?

I'm more than happy for it to be played on your radio show.

Ah, perfect. I already decided I was going to play A Time For Emily by the Elected in that show so it should be quite a challenge making the playlist work. But if you listen in (well, you don't need to) I will certainly play it towards the beginning of the show. Ahh, that just made the playlist work. Ok, try tuning in towards the beginning and it will be the first song that I will play.

Liber8/Alyssa's Wish

closely followed by Deadloss Superstar, Holy Folks, The Welles and The Upstarts.

I haven't been to see a local band(apart from those that play GFN and The Holy Folks) in ages.

Really need to change that.

You can see a bunch of great bands next Friday at Moshulu - Make Model, Copy Haho and The Xcerts. That'll be good.

My favourite ever Aberdeen band is Electric Tibet.