aberdeen-music

Elemnt 106, Malera, SOM gig

ZeromiserY

15/10/07

our peformance last night could have been better, but having only practiced twice in six months i think we held it together pretty well. our signature 'tightness' (no gay jokes please) was a litttle rocky at best but over all i dont think it affected the performance.

it was a change for us being the least heavy band on the line up but that just gave us the incentive to rock that much harder. (my neck and arms still hurt) even our usually timid singer was giving it 'what for' which was great to see. we should have practiced A LOT more than we did but, lesson learned.

element 106 delivered a blinding set even after being one guitar down for soundcheck which cant have been easy as james and hog have this balance that seriously affects the sound if one or the other is missing.

one thing i will say that i always think to myself after an element gig is that chris (drums) never seems to enjoy himself behind the drum kit. dont get me wrong, i love what he plays but let your hair down man! have fun with it.

other than that i'd say pretty flawless. the new songs are great and the new bass lines add a lot to the sound.

unfortunately i only caught malera's soun check but if that was anything to go by then malera could quickly become one of my favourite aberdeen bands by far. I'll definately be around to hear them headline on sunday so i'll write a bit about them once i've heard them properly.

if anyone else has anything to add (that was there!) i'd appreciate it.

15/10/07

our peformance last night could have been better, but having only practiced twice in six months i think we held it together pretty well. our signature 'tightness' (no gay jokes please) was a litttle rocky at best but over all i dont think it affected the performance.

it was a change for us being the least heavy band on the line up but that just gave us the incentive to rock that much harder. (my neck and arms still hurt) even our usually timid singer was giving it 'what for' which was great to see. we should have practiced A LOT more than we did but, lesson learned.

element 106 delivered a blinding set even after being one guitar down for soundcheck which cant have been easy as james and hog have this balance that seriously affects the sound if one or the other is missing.

one thing i will say that i always think to myself after an element gig is that chris (drums) never seems to enjoy himself behind the drum kit. dont get me wrong, i love what he plays but let your hair down man! have fun with it.

How would you know LOL:up:, i'm having a whale of at time!! But not really I played shite and look too serious because i've got Sciataca, so my legs are usually very sore - hopefully should be better by tommorow! ROCK ON!!!!!!

other than that i'd say pretty flawless. the new songs are great and the new bass lines add a lot to the sound.

unfortunately i only caught malera's soun check but if that was anything to go by then malera could quickly become one of my favourite aberdeen bands by far. I'll definately be around to hear them headline on sunday so i'll write a bit about them once i've heard them properly.

if anyone else has anything to add (that was there!) i'd appreciate it.

See above

A few mistakes from the SOM guys but all in all, I thought you were tight. The last song was awesome.

Im fiercely proud of our new songs.

Chris... well when we play live, i grin at him and get a blank expression back. He is in his zone. I don't give a shit if he doesn't smash the crap out of his kit or moshes when blast beating. I couldn't imagine playing the song without him. It's Chris' style. IMHO he is the man...unconventional but he is the man.

Malera, you guys rock. The mix was bad but that is not your fault.