aberdeen-music

Cecil...

Guest Donald

One of the finest British bands of all time for me.

Pele gig was a blast - Kef was better but the chaos & confusion created at the Mansun gig at the Ballroom was vintage. Saw them at T in the Park '96 when they were on before the Jesus Lizard. It was then I earned my moshpit stripes - they really packed a wallop during the Bombar Diddlah era.

Had some great banter with these guys even though my buddies and I were pretty young at the time. Discovering the upstairs bit in the old Kef was the "backstage area" was brill - such affable guys - despite the madness onstage they were down to earth Scousers.

I really think Ste Williams was a treasure. A fantastic, very abstract lyricist and a unique singer. I would recommend the album Subtitles to anyone. A genuine underrated classic.

And let's not forget the classy Neil Young and Dr. Hook covers. And the piece de resistance - the cover of "On the Inside" made famous as the theme tune of Prisoner Cell Block H!

Such a shame they never made it - they were on Parlophone records and really had a chance but I think they were a victim of the whole Britpop thing and were a band no - one could quite pigeonhole. Their second crack as Voy never even spawned an album but two cracking EPs.

I still listen to Cedric a lot and miss them.

Guest idol_wild

I saw Cecil play at Kef in, ooooh, 1997/98. Can't remember who with. Possibly China Drum. I liked one song in particular; "Hostage In A Frock", which is on "Subtitles".

They also supported Mansun at the Beach Ballroom. They wiped the floor with Mansun.

I saw Cecil play at Kef in, ooooh, 1997/98. Can't remember who with. Possibly China Drum. I liked one song in particular; "Hostage In A Frock", which is on "Subtitles".

They also supported Mansun at the Beach Ballroom. They wiped the floor with Mansun.

Did you intentionally ignore all the previous posts????!!!!!!!!!

Cecil played at Kef with no - one. There was no support.

China Drum played Kef with the Pecadillos, offically one of the worst bands I've ever seen. On the other hand they spawned one of the best heckles ever - "Pecker dildos are shite!"

Guest idol_wild
Cheers ;(

Can I get my reputation points I gave yesterday revoked!

Aww. I'm yanking your metaphorical chain.

I merely skimmed the thread because I'm at work and don't want to get busted. :popcorn:

Aww. I'm yanking your metaphorical chain.

I merely skimmed the thread because I'm at work and don't want to get busted. :popcorn:

Fair dinkum min. I'm a sensitive soul at heart!

Cannae even get on here during the day at work apart from a 2 hour window at lunchtime so at least you can get access!!!