aberdeen-music

oh no! it's the first FUDGE AWARDS 2008 thread! run away screaming! aaarrggghh!

The Ghost Of Fudge

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman

Haven’t been to that many gigs this year and haven’t seen many Aberdeen bands/artists, but from what I have seen I liked –

PVH

No Pasaran

Jess Yong

Bill Ely And The Catnips

Lorenzo Snow Collective

Kathryn Sawyers

Guest idol_wild
Good call on F/A.

Kartta won best newcomer last year. Twice.

Fiction/Action have played shows in Aberdeen in 2007; so they're still the best band of this year for me! Stunning. Every time.

And Kartta winning the award twice was hilarious. It's a shame hardly any of the cunts turned up to accept the award and offer a worthwhile speech.

PVH, Copy Haho and 10 Easy Wishes. Tow in best out of town band, do they have to have played a fudge gig? If not, Komakino or Union of Knives. Lifetime achievement to APB, after their sterling set at the Lemon Tree. Technically that was in 2006 (December 30), does that still count for this years awards?

Fiction/Action for most missed, or can you nominate Jamesy for that category.

What choo talkin' about Maxwell? David Dickinson wouldn't kick that out of bed!

chris ex blessed had mentioned that those two mentioned bands were asking for 170 a night for their "scottish tour" which would consist of four/five dates. there is absolutely nothing "hardcore" about that in the slightest

i feel sorry for the guys in your fears who didnt even know about it

chris ex blessed had mentioned that those two mentioned bands were asking for 170 a night for their "scottish tour" which would consist of four/five dates. there is absolutely nothing "hardcore" about that in the slightest

i feel sorry for the guys in your fears who didnt even know about it

Somewhat optimistic indeed!

Not been about the scene much this year but what I've managed to catch has been pretty awesome.

Kartta - add some much needed diversity to the scene. not only that but the songs are varied and well crafted.

Greater The Shadow - Instrumental post rock is hard to pull off. But some how these guys never fail to pull out great tunes. Their music never gets boring or samey which is a problem with many amatuer instrumental bands.

Welfare Mothers - Great tunes, great voice, great musicianship.

Mark McCabe - May not be the best singer in the world but the boy is a lyrical genius.

Ry Walker - Great chilled music. Beats the pants off Jack Johnson.

There is always an award for best international act for any band out of town so I'd like to mention;

Chutes - Saw them at the Lemon Tree supporting The Little Kicks. I don't mean any disrespect to Milne and the boys but they were out staged that night by these guys. The Kicks have proven themselves to be Aberdeen's biggest prospect and no one can argue their talent. But The Chutes that night displayed high octane beats and guitar mastery combined with a frontman that is fascinating to watch, handy too that he possesses a great voice.

And I also mostly miss;

Fiction Action - My reasons are the same as every one elses there's no need to go into detail.