aberdeen-music

oh no! it's the first FUDGE AWARDS 2008 thread! run away screaming! aaarrggghh!

The Ghost Of Fudge

i'm off on holiday for a short while. i expect i'll have fun.

but i thought i'd leave you with a thread about the Fudge Aberdeen Music Awards 2008 to be getting on with....

with the nominee's due to be announced next month in riproaring anticipation of a night of beautiful nepotism at some glittering venue round about feb/march next year, it's time to ask...

ARE THERE ANY BANDS IN PARTICULAR YOU FEEL HAVE PLAYED THEIR LITTLE SOCKS OFF THIS YEAR?

HAS ANY ABERDEEN BAND IGINITED YOUR PASSION FOR THE JOY OF MUSIC?

WHO'S PLAYED THE BESTEST?

WHICH NEWCOMERS DESERVE YOUR ADORATION?

etc etc etc... all the usual categories....

(nb: anyone posting their own band name gets a punch in the head from big craig fudge)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favourites from this year:

Bill Ely & the Catnips - My most favourite band in Aberdeen - must win something!!!

Karrta - SOOOOOOO GOOOOD LIVE - They all like dashing too - cool tunes - TOP!

Jess Yong - Shes my favourte at the moment! If there is a best acoustic act she should win!

Onion Terror - Cool new tunes - their live show is better than ever!

Kitchen Cynics - Aa'bodys favourite grave dodger! (love you dad :up:)

Little Kicks - Best Indie! Hands DOON!

10 Easy Wishes - affa good band - they should would win something!

The Hijacks - Always a good night when they are playing. would give onion terror a run for their money for the best live act.

Ashley Park - yet another good acoustic act!

Best band: Edgar Prais

Worst band: too many to mention!!! lady mercedes or someone.

Most Missed: Fluffy & the Rainbow Bunnys

Best 'International' or whatever its called: Errors or Haunted House Party

Bar-person of the year: Psychedelic Jim (The Tunnels)

Best Venue: Tunnels or Snafu!

Guest idol_wild

I've not been overly impressed with much of the artists/bands I've seen or heard in Aberdeen this year. No Pasaran and The Kitchen Cynics are the two artists I've seen the most - and they are both fantastic. But neither are especially new on the scene, so I know what to expect.

The Jinx/Wasow have been great each time I've seen them, but I'm led to believe they have split up.

Copy Haho are capable of crafting some brilliant songs, and are possibly the most talented unsigned band I have ever heard. But they sometimes let themselves down when they play in Aberdeen because you can tell they really can't be arsed playing in Aberdeen anymore. And who can blame them.

I've not seen Lorenzo Snow Collective nearly enough times this year; same can be said of The Wee Kicks.

There is, however, a plethora of local acts I have listened to on myspace but have yet to see live.