aberdeen-music

The Dillinger Escape Plan...

Huw

• 2 months later...

i havnt heard anything about that. i only heard about a Glasgow date, where did you hear this.?

listened to Panasonic Youth again for the gajillionth time. never gets old. Chris Pennie's drumming is gorgeous. its heavy but he brings heaps of grooves etc (can you tell im not a drummer). just lovely.

from what i've heard of the new album it doesnt take me by surprise, really need to get my hands on it to give a valid review though. though there is a video on youtube of party smasher or nong eye gong and its really good.

:)

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Aren't these dudes supposed to be doing something more interesting than stealing some black flag riffs? this is pish, and the singing bit sounds like fucking Fallout Boy.

Aren't these dudes supposed to be doing something more interesting than stealing some black flag riffs?

yes. they do.

To be honest, I agree with Tom. I remember giving Dillinger a try and was very disappointed. People were telling me how "crazy" they sound. I don't really get that.

depends what your listening to. they have produced some howlers like.

most of the pre-miss machine stuff was 'crazy' relative to straight forward macho-hardcore, but if you listen to psyopus etc. its probably pretty tame.

also, people who say music is 'crazy' and don't state an actual reason to why they like it/it is good, apart from the fact its crazy, probably aren't worth your time. i really don't like the idea of listening to certain type of music because its REALLY fast or REALLY slow or REALLY heavy. thats why i don't like/'get' most doom or grind. I wouldn't say Dillinger are gimmicky in that sense, probably why i do like them.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
' date=' post: 429649"']yes. they do.

Yeah? What do they do that's so forward thinking, I heard a brass instrument at one point, isn't that outrageous? This is to 'Calculating Infinity' what 'Make Believe' is to the 'Blue Album'

Yeah? What do they do that's so forward thinking, I heard a brass instrument at one point, isn't that outrageous? This is to 'Calculating Infinity' what 'Make Believe' is to the 'Blue Album'

TBH, i really like that song - but it IS just a ETiD rip-off. And they're rubbish nowadays. But that song is ace.