aberdeen-music

Scotland! Don't look if you don't want to know the Ukraine score.

framheim

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it helps, I had a bad feeling about yesterday :up:

But we did only beat Georgia with a last minute winner at Hampden. :down:

Yeah I thought we'd lose to Ukraine too, so maybe we're being too miserable about it. The thing is, for most the campaign we didn't really expect to qualify. Now we do. It would be a travesty if we didn't go through, there can be no doubt that we have been at least the second best team in the group so far.

BUT, we are Scotland. We don't really do heroic success.

Another permutation - if we beat Georgia on Wednesday but France fail to beat Lithuania, we are through.

All possible permutations are there, including that one, except I made the assumption (and I think I'm fairly safe making this assumption) that Italy vs Faroes would result in 3 points for Italy.

France v. Lithuania kicks off straight after our game. Unfortunately its on French Eurosport, so looks like there'll be no pubs showing it. You can however watch it online: If you have a betfair account, they have a live feed. Sure there are plenty of other sites that'll be showing it too.

After reading as many news and views on the match, here is my thoughts on how to win:

4-4-1-1

-------------------Gordon---------------------

Alexander-----Weir------McManus-----McEvely

Maloney------Fletch------Ferguson------Pearson

------------------Faddy----------------------------

-------------------Miller---------------------------

Play the same formation as against Ukraine, and use Faddy and Kenny to get as many fouls near the box. With Shaun Maloney playing on the right (or left), it'll give us some good options for scoring direct and with us having a far superior presence in the air (based on what i saw in the Italy Georgia highlights), we could sneak a goal or two. Georgia keeper was a disaster at free kicks for Italy game

We'll have to defend in numbers when we don't have the ball, making it too tight for Georgia to pass around the box. Counter attacks could kill us, as their strikers are small and nippy. Defending deep could sort that out.

I think the lineup will be close to the one above, with another option being Maloney dropping out for Dailly (Fletch moving to the right, Dailly in the middle). Perhaps Murty will play RB with Alexander at LB? Much rather Alexander or McEvely playing instead of a half fit, poor Naysmith.

Still not feeling confident about tomorrow, hopefully i'll be proved wrong though.

EDIT: Just saw the BBC advert for the game, and it had Glasgow Mega Snake by Mogwai blasting over highlights of important goals in this campaign. Top marks go to the BBC!! Think its someone from Aereogramme (RIP) who has something to do with the soundtrack department at BBC now....

France v. Lithuania kicks off straight after our game. Unfortunately its on French Eurosport, so looks like there'll be no pubs showing it. You can however watch it online: If you have a betfair account, they have a live feed. Sure there are plenty of other sites that'll be showing it too.

After reading as many news and views on the match, here is my thoughts on how to win:

4-4-1-1

-------------------Gordon---------------------

Alexander-----Weir------McManus-----McEvely

Maloney------Fletch------Ferguson------Pearson

------------------Faddy----------------------------

-------------------Miller---------------------------

Play the same formation as against Ukraine, and use Faddy and Kenny to get as many fouls near the box. With Shaun Maloney playing on the right (or left), it'll give us some good options for scoring direct and with us having a far superior presence in the air (based on what i saw in the Italy Georgia highlights), we could sneak a goal or two. Georgia keeper was a disaster at free kicks for Italy game

We'll have to defend in numbers when we don't have the ball, making it too tight for Georgia to pass around the box. Counter attacks could kill us, as their strikers are small and nippy. Defending deep could sort that out.

I think the lineup will be close to the one above, with another option being Maloney dropping out for Dailly (Fletch moving to the right, Dailly in the middle). Perhaps Murty will play RB with Alexander at LB? Much rather Alexander or McEvely playing instead of a half fit, poor Naysmith.

Still not feeling confident about tomorrow, hopefully i'll be proved wrong though.

EDIT: Just saw the BBC advert for the game, and it had Glasgow Mega Snake by Mogwai blasting over highlights of important goals in this campaign. Top marks go to the BBC!! Think its someone from Aereogramme (RIP) who has something to do with the soundtrack department at BBC now....

Not sure about Maloney. He doesn't deliver. I think he's one of those infuriating players who'll spend his entire career as "potential" with the odd 1-in-10 blinder.

Who else have we got in the squad? - I can't recall

I thought the ref was actually pretty decent. I dunno if you're counting hutton's claim as a stonewaller but I remember thinking to myself when he started making the run "he's gonna dive here like he did against stuttgart' and I think he did. I don't think there was enough contact to result in him falling over and twisting his body like he always does therefore I think he was just looking for it.

Mcfadden's could have been given but then again so could Shevchenko's.

All in all it was another good performance from the side and it was the first time I remember seeing them comfortably dominate and pass the ball through midfield for large parts of the game against good opposition.

He didn't dive against Stuttgart, it was a stonewaller.

A Rangers player getting abuse on an Aberdeen forum, who'd have thought it...

Rather a half fit, poor Naysmith than either of the two Englishmen you've mentioned!

Alexander's father is Scottish. Which is good enough for me!

Naysmith was the only poor player at Hampden against Ukraine, and on another day could've had two pens given against him. Alexander on the other hand, his recent performances has included a win against France and was outstanding

Alexander's father is Scottish. Which is good enough for me!

I meant McEvely and Murty! Alexander was taught the rules by his Scottish old man which is good enough for me! I've never had a problem with folk who are half and half, so to speak! it's their right to choose.

The other two, on the other hand, are Englishmen who qualify through the grunny rule. James McEveley even played for the England youth team. Bah!

"I'd rather get thrashed with 11 Scotsmen on the park than win with Granny rule players"

And that strip is beyond hideous. Beyond a joke, in fact!

GTF with all this Jambos kit nonsense! The media have created a story out of nothing, which Hibs fans and others have jumped aboard.

Should Dundee United fans boycott Scotland's home kit because its Navy like Dundee's? Should we boycott the Scotland away kit because its white, like the England home kit? The answer is no, because its our NATIONAL team we are talking about. A chance for all scots to unite under one banner, instead of focusing on club rivalries. I hate Barry Ferguson and Alan Hutton in a Rangers top, but when they pull on the Scottish top (Red, Blue or White!) i'll cheer them on just as much as any other player on that pitch; more-so if they play like they did against Ukraine!!

Its a red top, so what!! If it was a shade lighter, you'd probably be moaning that its a Dons top, but there are no Dons in the Scotland squad!

A nothing story

A nothing comment

:love::love::love:

?(?(?(?(

:laughing: a tad drunk when I posted this. I just meant some people are overly concerned with the Georgians.

Anways, It seems there's 2 different camps now with some folks now expecting to rip a new Georgian arsehole. Georgia have their captain out, vice captain out, and a couple of their best players injured. They've got as much withdrawals as us now and their lobbing this 17 year old baby in between the sticks.(he's probably 6 foot 10) Good to see Maloney in instead of daily.

The jambos kit comments are a bit picky but then again, they ARE both minging strips.:down: