aberdeen-music

Krispy Kreme

Lemonade

i don't think scotland's obesity and heart attack statistics need this to be honest

Yeah course STOP creating things that taste awsome because fat bastards dont know when to stop eating......Oh and isnt scotlands highest obese population children?.....If this is the case its not awsome tasting foods thats the problems its the parent's......Surely

MON THE DOUGHNUTS.

Krispy Kreme directors take note - that would be a good place to build an outlet.

They could build them inside some of the venues there like that burger joint they had inside Amadeus. They could incorporate them into drinking games too. Down an Apple Sourz, wolf down a Caramel Kreme Krunch, chug a Bacardi Breezer.

Krispy Kreme are the absolute bin-end of the doughnut biz IMO. Sweet & sticky but otherwise, too small, tastless & unsatisfying.

Now, if it was a Tim Horton's franchise, I might agree with you. :D They have them in Ireland now.

However, we should have never got rid of that baker on the Upperkirkgate with the doughnut machine in its window. You could watch them being made & then go-in & buy one as soon as it popped out of the oil. I think the one of the markers of the end of my childhood was when I came past there & saw the machine sitting out with the rubbish on the kerb. The shop didn't last long after that. :(

krispy kreme have never advertised. never. not since their inception. the only thing that made them so popluar is word of mouth.

Not exactly, they started using TV & radio last year:

Marketing Drive Worldwide, based in Wilton, Conn., created the ads. The 30-second TV spot opens with doughnuts going down a conveyor belt, then being coated with the sugary glaze. The song "Sea of Love" plays in the background.

"Krispy Kreme. Share the love," the voiceover says at the end after promoting Krispy Kreme valentines and the heart-shaped doughnuts.

Krispy Kreme to use TV, radio to sell treats - Food Inc. - MSNBC.com

I just don't think I could ever prefer a doughnut to a good old danish pastry and a cup of coffee. Sugar icing swirl, pecan and maple syrup, then your french breads as well. I just don't see the comparison. And the advertising campaign makes the idea less attractive. I just don't like eating from a box that said "Krispy Kreme" or even any commerical outlet that sells junk food. Surely someone just prefers chocolate digestive biscuits. They're way less overpriced as well.

I just don't think I could ever prefer a doughnut to a good old danish pastry and a cup of coffee. Sugar icing swirl, pecan and maple syrup, then your french breads as well. I just don't see the comparison. And the advertising campaign makes the idea less attractive. I just don't like eating from a box that said "Krispy Kreme" or even any commerical outlet that sells junk food. Surely someone just prefers chocolate digestive biscuits. They're way less overpriced as well.

I fucking love danish pastries. Donuts are shite really. I could go a pecan and maple or an apple danish right now.....

I just don't see how people could prefer to listen to a Westlife album over Steve Earle, but millions do. People have different tastes.