Lying to your rents...

Guest Salty

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
Wow' date=' scandal!

This has turned into a real good read, and very good points being made.

I totally agree with Heather on this one. Your (Salty, if you're still reading this) parents probably didn't want to tell you truth before they thought you could handle it. I have cousins aged 17 and 14 who are adopted, and things like that, along with death, are just not things you'd want to tell kids about in fear of hurting them. My cousin who's 17 treats my auntie like shit, despite her giving him a great childhood which he wouldn't have had if he was still in a children's home. And I believe the problems he now causes is because he was told when he was about 12/13 that he was adopted.[/quote']

well i was told i was adopted when i was 3/4 - I was old enough to understand even then so i don't know why people use it as an excuse for misbehaving. I know I've done immature stupid shit (and got away with it sometimes - wahey!) but other times i've been caught, accepted my fate (and punishment) and got on with it. It's been my choice's and my behaviour. not the result of me being adopted. it's a poor excuse and i don't approve of it being used as an excuse...

less than a month before i got accepted to join the RAF i was filling in one of their forms with my mum and found out my bro with actually my step bro! i have another bro i havent seen in years

i hardly know any of my dads side of the family

but my family is my family and i love them so deal with it! :up:

Its all about responsibility.

Your parents have a duty and a responsibility AS parents to keep you under a certain degree of rules. Your not supposed to like it, to son/daughter is, and in a weird way I'm sure the parents don't like doing it, but it is necessary to develop certain positive charachter traits. It is natural for teenagers to rebel slightly against that authority and try and do things they're not supposed to, but at the end of the day if you are caught you can use it as a valuable self lesson. Try thinking about it as a chance to learn to take responsibility for your actions, rather than simply blaming the parents.

If you break a rule, wether it be one set by parents in your house, or the law in the country you have to accept that if you are caught it is fully YOUR responsibility, not the person that catches you or enforces the rule.

well i was told i was adopted when i was 3/4 - I was old enough to understand even then so i don't know why people use it as an excuse for misbehaving. I know I've done immature stupid shit (and got away with it sometimes - wahey!) but other times i've been caught' date=' accepted my fate (and punishment) and got on with it. It's been my choice's and my behaviour. not the result of me being adopted. it's a poor excuse and i don't approve of it being used as an excuse...[/quote']

Aye, I'm not trying to say it's the ultimate excuse, you're proof it's not. I'm not one to make assumptions because I'm not in the position to, but what my cousin did (not so much now, he's in the army) was definitely rebelling to his mummy's secret.

In terms of Salty's behaviour... who gives a shit now? This thread was good at the time.

I know a guy whose dad died a few years back, and he is still causing problems for all involved with him. He has been expelled from two schools and should be expelled from ours too. What makes it worse is that he is intelligent, and so is able to be a manipulative arsehole. My mate has to clear up the shit that this dude causes. However, if anyone criticises the guy, they are quickly in huge trouble. And his mum absolves herself of any blame by saying, "He needs a father." Why is this fair?

My parents know i bullshit to them all the time, so they just dont make a big deal out of it anymore

And for getting grounded for staying at the wrong person's house when you are about 17 is pretty hilarious, I havent been grounded since primary:laughing:

Its all about responsibility.

Your parents have a duty and a responsibility AS parents to keep you under a certain degree of rules. Your not supposed to like it' date=' to son/daughter is, and in a weird way I'm sure the parents don't like doing it, but it is necessary to develop certain positive charachter traits. It is natural for teenagers to rebel slightly against that authority and try and do things they're not supposed to, but at the end of the day if you are caught you can use it as a valuable self lesson. Try thinking about it as a chance to learn to take responsibility for your actions, rather than simply blaming the parents.

If you break a rule, wether it be one set by parents in your house, or the law in the country you have to accept that if you are caught it is fully YOUR responsibility, not the person that catches you or enforces the rule.[/quote']

Very well said mate.

At the end of the day if you decide to fuck around be ready to get punished. Thats what happens in life kids unfortunately.

I know a guy whose dad died a few years back' date=' and he is still causing problems for all involved with him. He has been expelled from two schools and should be expelled from ours too. What makes it worse is that he is intelligent, and so is able to be a manipulative arsehole. My mate has to clear up the shit that this dude causes. However, if anyone criticises the guy, they are quickly in huge trouble. And his mum absolves herself of any blame by saying, "He needs a father." Why is this fair?[/quote']

Maybe he has been very emotionally scarred?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
it's all very well saying that they are "emotionally scarred". but your own personal problems are no excuse to be making other people's lives a living hell.

Spot on. I am as sympathetic as anyone else until people make things other people's problems. As the old saying goes, "it's your shit, you roll in it".

Spot on. I am as sympathetic as anyone else until people make things other people's problems. As the old saying goes' date=' "it's your shit, you roll in it".[/quote']

yeah totally. there used to be a guy in my class at school who had "problems" and i remember having a cup of boiling water thrown over me for no reason when he took a strop, and me being told to stop making a fuss about it. and the same guy threatened my friend with a knife in home ec and she was pretty much told the same. we all have problems. some worse than others yes, but i don't think it's fair when people use their problems as an excuse to be total cunts.